Author Topic: What does this mean????  (Read 3075 times)

kjmema

What does this mean????
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:23:30 pm »
Just got my MRI report in the mail...Can someone explain this to me..

"Thre is a 3mm homogeneously enhancing intracanalicular lesion on the left, centered in the mid IAC.  It does not extend to the IAC fundus"   

" 3mm enhancing lesion in mid left ICA, likelly a vestibular Schwannoma..Otherwise normal contrast enhanced brain and posterior fossa MRI with age commensurate cerebral changes"

In laymans terms I'm getting old and have an AN in there somewhere....?????   Need a bit of help with this.  The doc didn't even send a cover leter....JERK!!!!
left side AN 3mm IAC watch & wait hearing 100% balance slightly off

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: What does this mean????
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:15:52 pm »
cute pup! :)

Ok, this is easy.....
what is means is that the growth is in the left ear, midway in the IAC, not reaching out towards the CP Angle reason (not reaching towards the brainstem), so it's still in the IAC.  It is VERY small at 3mm, their belief is that it is an AN.  The rest of it does mean that all surrounding areas are to be what should be showing at your young age.

So, they do believe that it is an AN, but my guess would be that since they caught it so early (and trust me, 3mm is VERY small), their recommendation will prolly be that they should continue to "watch and wait" and see if it grows at all...... some do, some don't.  They may recommend another MRI in 6 mos or 1 yr to see if there is any growth to it.

If you got the report and films before the dr's obtained it (or at same time), they haven't had a chance to discuss it with you first. 

At this point, honestly.... I'd pour a glass of wine, thank goodness it isn't bigger that warrants immediate attention and just keep doing your homework as you are.

You're goona be fine! :) Trust me.. it'll all be fine!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Obita

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 05:43:41 pm »
Kjmema:

You can trust Dr. Phyl......she can decipher MRI lingo real well.  She must not have her glasses on though, your pic sure looks like two beautuful cats to me!!

The only thing better than a small AN is a dying zapped one or an ex AN like mine.

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 05:55:06 pm »
LOL   LOL   Hey Kathy, I'm glad you said they're 2 cats.   When Phyl said 'cute dog' I was thinking, Jeez, my eyes are getting bad, & I haven't used the eye lubricant since  3pm, it doesn't seem THAT blurry.

Kijmema:  you have a 'baby' AN, still a brat, but as Phyl/Kathy said, time is on your side (yes it is! - rolling stones)

Nancy  ( shoot - I'm getting a little punchy here, time to go sleepy?) 
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

lmurray69

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 06:21:35 pm »
Isnt this the best site on earth, good people little jokes now in then .They are here to keep all of in line..The cats are beautiful....But cats and birds dont get along..Linda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/