Author Topic: Collagen fillers for facial paralysis.... deep nasolabial lines and other areas?  (Read 2927 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

While healing from facial paralysis I have gotten very deep nasolabial fold line and an indention under my eye from canthoplasty eye surgery to tighten the skin. I've heard of getting collagen injections to plump up those areas. I look 37 (my age on my good side) and 57 on my weak side due to these deep lines. Has anyone gone to a plastic surgeon for these treatments? I am also thinking about getting collagen in my lips to thicken my lips due to paralysis thinning the lips. What do you guys know about all of this? I go for botox on Tuesday to help with the synkinesis so hopefully that will help with the tight bands in my neck yanking my mouth down when I smile and to get rid of the big dimple in the chin. Hope all goes well. This could get expensive !!!!!!

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Hi,
I have had the "filler" for deep folds and they work really well.  For me they have lasted but others will get it done every 6 months. ( This was about 2 years ago.) Now, I believe they have something that they use where it doesn't wear off as quickly.  Hope this helps.
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

CROOKEDSMILE

Does insurance cover it or is it considered cosmetic?

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
It may cover it if you can get your doc to prescribe it but for me it was purely cosmetic.
Good luck,
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.