Author Topic: Ready for surgery  (Read 9314 times)

It is what it is

Re: Ready for surgery
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 07:37:41 pm »
Thoughts and prayers to you both.  Please post updates on how you are doing.  The conversations about tinnitus were helpful, as mine is getting louder.  It also helps to know what to expect as to recovery time, even though that seems different for everyone? 

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: Ready for surgery
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 09:29:14 pm »
Hey SG...I hope you get an answer soon about when you'll be able to go in!  As far as tinnitus, I think that once it starts, it'll never stop.  It may vary in volume quite a bit, but don't expect it to go away.  So far there's no known cure for it! If it gets too bad there are ways of making it manageable.  Take care and keep us updated! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston