Author Topic: This Week (December 7) in the World of the Wayward AN  (Read 2799 times)

LADavid

This Week (December 7) in the World of the Wayward AN
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:08:35 pm »
So much for the quiet.  There's a full schedule this week.

Starting it off, today Bernie (berniejfnp) from Boston is celebrating his 1st Retrosig anniversary.  Congratulations Bernie!

Then tomorrow (Monday) Ken (1cANAdian) is having a Translab at the University of Alberta in Edmonton where I am sure it is quite cold.  I lost track.  Did the Magic Scarf go to Ken?  If it did, we need pictures, Ken.  Best wishes for a very successful surgery.

Next on Tuesday, Grace (Grace1) from Georgia is having her 2nd MRI post her GK Surgery.  Hoping for a clean scan, Grace.  Please let us know.

On Wednesday, Priscilla (AKA Maggie, AKA msmaggie) is having a petrous meningioma surgery (these names are getting too big for me) in Houston.  As you quoted Tom Petty, Priscilla, "The waiting is the hardest part."  Well, it's finally showtime and it's time to rock.  Have a great surgery and quick recovery.

Then on Thursday, JD (Lugnuts) is having a Translab in Redwood City.  Talk about a wait.  The time has finally come.  Best wishes JD for much success.  And in answer to one of your questions, my writing in much better than my acting -- heck after not being in front of a camera for a year, I'm sure it is frightening.

And last but not least, Kay (Kaybo) is celebrating her 13th anniversary of her AN surgery.  Wow, Kay!  What an amazing 13 years and what an amazing woman.  As I've told you before, you are an inspiration to me and I am sure to quite a few others on this Forum.  Have a great celebration!

And that's it for the week.  But I did want to mention one thing.  I spent the day watching football games.  The Bears, the Steelers and I just couldn't but notice how cold it was there.  It was a lot of fun watching those games as a pleasant 70 degree breeze blew in through my window.  In spite of the quakes and the fires and the mudslides and the traffic and the craziness, today was a pretty good day to be in Los Angeles.

Have a great week everyone.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
Re: This Week (December 7) in the World of the Wayward AN
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »
Hi David,

Thanks for the good wishes!  I think I am ready, and if I'm not, then the show must go on anyway. :D :D

I'm still running around trying to get things done.  My room at school is completely ready for my sub. My house is a disaster, but family members have agreed to play Martha Stewart and decorate for me while I am in the hospital.  When I come home, I know it will be wonderful for all kinds of reasons.  My last few days at school were a whirlwind, and an emotional one at that.  My children and their parents were amazing and very encouraging.  I got a beautiful gift box of heavenly herbal teas with a china cup, an enormous basket full of books and movies,  soft socks, and sweet treats. Friends gave me soft jammies to wear in the hospital.  The kindnesses shown had me in tears most of Friday.  My daughter came into town for the month of December to babysit me, my son and his wife will be in tomorrow, and my daughter's BF flies in on Tuesday. My husband will have lots of support as he moves into the caretaker mode.

The diagnosis is still not completely clear.  Meningioma got more votes than AN, but we won't really know until they get in there and take a look.  My attitude is positive, and I am buoyed by the prayers and good thoughts of friends, family, and forumites. If it takes something like this to remind me of how blessed I have been, then so be it. 

See you on the other side!

Priscilla

Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 05:33:40 am »
First, David thank you for doing such an awesome job on these calendars of events!  Now, everyone who is having surgery this week, I have my six pairs of pirate socks on (not all at once) but with them I will be sending prayers and good thoughts your way.  They don't get changed until we know that you all are in the wonderful world of postieland.  Congratulations on your 13th ANniversary, Kaybo! 
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:26:07 am »
Boy, I'll say it's a busy week  :o 

Bernie - hard to believe it's been one whole year; I remember when you were just a newbie here  ;)  Hope all is going well for you.

Word has it that Ken is  going to wear the "magic scarf" - brave man, that Ken  ;D  Best wishes for a very speedy surgery and an equally speedy recovery, Ken.  These same wishes go out to Priscilla and JD.  I'll be thinking about all of you guys this week.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a clean MRI for Grace.  Don't forget to tell us how it all turns out.

And last, but definitely not least, congratulations Kay!!!  ;D  As David said, you are an amazing woman and an inspiration to us all.  In addition, I'm proud to call you a friend  ;D

Jan - one of those people chilling (literally) in Chicago; thanks for rubbing it in David  ;)  :D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 02:38:06 pm »
LA David: what a great posting- you are wonderful to do this.  I've been really sporadic this last year with the AN website so I really admire you for your consistency.

Hope everyone else is having a good week- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

LADavid

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:54:15 pm »
Thanks, Annie.  But I am sure that if I were back to my acting life, I may not be quite so consistent.  At least I'm putting my Journalism Degree to good use.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

bltfollis

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 11:10:30 pm »
best wishes and fast healing to all with minimal wonky headedness of course

bill from philly

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:46 pm »
Ken's done already; go Priscilla, go JD! Best wishes to all...

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 11:24:32 pm »
Priscilla is going to bed.  She has to get up VERY early to go to get this hitchhiker out of her head.  Good night to all, and to all a good night.... I am up late, but I know I can catch up on my sleep tomorrow :D :D
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:12:36 pm »
Okay, has anyone gotten an update on Priscilla (MsMaggie) ?  I've searched around but haven't found anything.  Any news would be most welcome. 

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 11:09:21 pm »
OKay, it's been all day with NO update on MsMaggie.  Hopefully everything went well and she's resting comfortably.  Anyone with news, please share it (even a PM will do).  This waiting is for the birds..  ;)

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Kaybo

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 07:27:35 am »
Brian~
I am axiously waiting too...if you hear, let me know w/ a PM please as I will be away all day but can still get e-mail.

Thanks,
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!