Author Topic: Cindys Nerve Ablaision Experience....11/2010  (Read 57824 times)

cin605

Re: Cindys Nerve Ablaision Experience....11/2010
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2011, 09:36:22 am »
I just get so annoyed when i finally find a Dr who knows something then after a couple visits you get an assistance who specializes in cancer treatment????????????????????Shes only been w/ Dr for 4 months and told me point blank she has no clue...She could not administer trigger point injections.Asked me if i tried chiro......PT...If she had taken a brief moment to review my chart she would kno everything..grrrrrrrrrr

2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2011, 03:15:38 pm »
We had a terrible snowstorm last night, lost power and heat around 5pm.  Thunder and lightening too.   Tree branches in front of the house are fallen on the front lawn.   Got to Barnes and Noble and am sending messages and charging my cell phone.   No land lines either.   We have gas heat but I guess the pilot light went out.   Trying to get the plumber on the phone but the line is busy busy busy.   Got to get the pilot light back on or we will have fumes.  Will call the gas company.

Mei Mei ~  Just a quick check to see if your power is back on and the heat restored.  Hope so!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2011, 03:23:08 pm »
I just get so annoyed when i finally find a Dr who knows something then after a couple visits you get an assistance who specializes in cancer treatment???????????????????  Shes only been w/ Dr for 4 months and told me point blank she has no clue...She could not administer trigger point injections.  Asked me if i tried chiro......PT...If she had taken a brief moment to review my chart she would kno everything..grrrrrrrrrr

Cindy ~

Like many others, I can empathize with your frustration when a doctor passes you off to an PA that is, admittedly, in your case, 'clueless' and so, in effect, useless as well as woefully uninformed about her patient, demonstrating - in my opinion - a distinct lack of professionalism  And yet, the doctor's office will send your insurance company a fat bill for their 'services'.  Grrrrrrr, indeed!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mei Mei

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2011, 05:53:20 pm »
Thanks for asking, Jim.    I went to the town office across the street from my house and they called the electric company because we also had no phone lines from the downed tree branches of the tree sitting on the town parking strip.   PEPCO (our electric company) said we were low priority and to go to a hotel for a few days.   I found out that gas heat needs electricity for the furnace.   So I got to someone with internet and didn't want to go back to Barnes and Noble where I had a prime seat in the cafe at 9 a.m. but by 1 in the afternoon that seat was taken.   I booked a room on priceline for two days.   They didn't give me one in Bethesda, but down in Friendship Heights at the Courtyard Marriott.   I made sure I brought all my meds, but forgot the toothbrush.   Will go down and get one from the front desk.   I booked for 2 nights and will extend if need be.   several years ago during the month of Sept. we were without electricity for 2 weeks.   I'm prepared for the long haul.   Not fun.   Was just getting used to my new Chiro pillow.   

Stay warm everybody!

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

cin605

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2011, 12:34:34 pm »
I am off to my primarry care physician..since i think he knows me better then the woman i saw a couple days ago.
I called them and told them exactly what i tought of them sticking me w/ an asistant that does not do her research before she comes in and asked me everything thats writen down in the folder she has in her hand.
I will not be following up w/ her...i will be seeing the professional...after all thats why i chose Dr.jergensen to begin w/.

MeiMei....I hope your power is back.call me!
43yrs old

Mei Mei

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2011, 06:26:41 pm »
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Proud of you for doing that!   It's so assertive and pro=active of you.   That'a go girl.   You are the Greatest!   You can't get anywhere if they think they can get away with anything.  It's too bad but that's the way it is.

I don't have my power or telephone on yet ... so no heat and the bad thing is that my only source of communication left is my cell phone and now the battery won't take a charge.   I got rid of the Blackberry when the ANA sent that letter out last spring and now have a Motorola i890 with Sprint.  I talked with Motorola several times today so they got the charging device message to come up when it didn't before, but I think it needs a new battery.  I am going upstairs to check what's going on with the phone.   I have my father's Katana phone which is really great and my switch over to that cause that is also on the list.   If you get on gmail:  send me you numbers again because they are stored in the dead phone and I can't get to the Sprint store to transfer the data till next week.

Repeat:   I am so proud of what you did today!   You have to practically be like Ted Kennedy, Obama or the President of the Hospital for anyone to really care about you.   It's horrible.

Hugs and double Hugs,
Mei Mei    ;D
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

cin605

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2011, 10:01:46 am »
So anyway....Off i went to my primary care....he did the follow my finger thing and said he could see the vertigo in my right side...looked in my ear and i asked what did you see in there?he said its bulging and i really can't see in there???????????
i said i figured that becouse it s swollen all the way down the back of neck....I think its filled w/ fluid...Amoxicillan for 10 days.

On to the nightmare at Dr Jergenson....The muscle relaxer she prescribed is only covered minumallly through my ins.....$50 to fill
I called and asked the to call my ins co. and get it lowered...Ins said no...she called back and said they said no and could offer me no other muscle relaxer that i have not already tried.
brought my coverage book to primary care and he prescribed Soma.He said its addicting in some patients....I said i would rather take one of thoses everyday and have a life then not.Its probly addicting becouse it actually works and people need to take it to feel right..GEEEEZ!
Then off to chiro.......he said OMG every muscle in my neck was tight and my face....he said he has never felt such tight facial muscles....So my belief is that my vestubular issues are causing mahem...I am trying to balance and using every muscle in my body to do it.

Star
43yrs old

Mei Mei

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2011, 02:19:38 pm »
Hi Star!
Hope the antibiotics work.   You must have an ear infection.   Too bad the ENT didn't look.     You got to check the cone of light on the ear drum to tell. 

I took Soma and it didn't do anything for me.   I think I still have it.  Not much works except Alleve.   I hope the chiropractor massage works.   Try to order the Chiro Pillow from Amazon.   It's great on your neck.

Can't wait to get back in our house.   The electric company is on our street but won't go to our house.   They have no promises till 11 pm tomorrow night.   Wish they would pay for our hotel bills and food.   This is really expensive.

Good news, my cell phone battery is working again!

Hugs,

Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Cheryl R

« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2011, 04:53:08 pm »
Soma did not work for me with a horrible upper back spasm a few years ago.    Flexeril did seem to some.     I did see it given some when I was working.      Just my own experience.                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

cin605

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2011, 12:06:09 pm »
Yeh...Soma is not great...had a bad 4 days of  >:D..neck pain vertigo,,,spasms..headache that decide dto move to the front when i skipped my gabepenton.
I think i am going to say nay to lyrica and soma....picking up tens unit Tuesday  also looking at a tracktion thingy...stretches your neck....here we go..hang on tight i think this is going to be one hell of a journey!
Today i am good...never know anything was ever wrong yesterday....``````````````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~````````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The path of the aftermath!
43yrs old

cin605

« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2011, 10:58:52 am »
Vertigo today.....Heavy Head...Feel like i have a fever but thermometer says no.I have never had i blood pressure....just high head pressure.
43yrs old

Mei Mei

« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2011, 03:08:21 pm »
Cindy,   I don't know the difference.   Get your pressure checked at the grocery store if you don't have a cuff at home.   Something's wrong.   I left my cellphone at the hospital because I was so upset and my Blood Pressure was high...sky high.   Now I can't call you because your number was in the phone.   I will get it back on Monday.   

Wish you would go to your ENT to get checked out.   Here it is, Friday again.
Got to be seen within the next hour.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

cin605

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2011, 04:20:38 pm »
Yeh.o.k......I went to pick up tens unit today...Its definately not for me...pretty much like a shock coller.....the pads rippid my hair off my neck....it would have been a great seen for "Jack Ass"
I called lance after i tried it for 10 grueling scarey minutes...my head and neck were wiggin out.I told him i do not think you need to turn in that paperwork to medicare becouse you can have the unit right back,
ENT Feb.17 can not come soon enuf.
I am holding off on any more meds and shots and chiro. untill i see him.
This is so ANNOYING.....I am really getting frustrated w/ all the trials and tribulations of this whole ordeal.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Cindy
43yrs old

Mei Mei

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2011, 11:32:35 am »
I'm so sorry for your pain and reaction.    I hope you get an MRI and find out what is happending.   Dr. Ducic and the other doctors I met said the ablation is a waste of time.    See if the mesh is entrapping the nerves like me.    I have the phone by me and have 3 more hours to wait for the flight beck to Baltimore.   Have my cell phone next to me so give me a ring if you want to talk for a while.
Hugs,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

cin605

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2011, 03:12:21 pm »
All aboard for the next stop in this journey......Cranial Sacrial Therapy??????
i have been refered.....waiting to make appointment till after audio work up tomorow and appointment w/ the Dr. who found the AN to begin w/......I hope this is not a full circle.
43yrs old