Author Topic: Old adage  (Read 2592 times)

Mark

Old adage
« on: June 07, 2005, 09:45:26 pm »
When researching treatment options it is always important to talk to experts in both radiosurgery and surgery. From all the posts I read newly diagnosed patients many times rely on their ENT or the first surgeon they meet with to give them the pros and cons of  various treatments. I've attached the response from Dr Medbery at St Anthony's in OK city to another patient on the CK web site which quotes the old adage of those trained to be a carpenter always look at everything as a nail to hammer. The neurosurgeon who convinced me to go the radiosurgery route used the same anaolgy.

Mark

Just remember that people who do not have a hammer are unable to see a use for nails. Non-CK users are likely to pooh-pooh the technology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org or cmedbery@coxinet.net

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

RamAir

Re: Old adage
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 07:50:31 am »
Well said Mark...you hit the nail on the head!

Prior to visiting a radiosurgeon, I was only hearing one side of the story.  And for what it's worth, also remember a "crafstman" will defend his craft till he's blue in the face, for this is what he knows and trusts.  However, as the recipients, we owe it to ourselves to view the facts from a unbiased eye...only then will we find what is best in our situation. ;D