Author Topic: I have been living for this day today for the past 6 months  (Read 2525 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
I have been living for this day today for the past 6 months
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:52:31 am »
Hello all,

although many of you have already forgotten me, I have NOT. I just want to make it sure that there is a certain reason for me to post - and here  it is.

Today (a few hours ago - to make it absolutely clear) I had a 6 month MRI with a contrast and as doctors here read it, it looked absolutely fine. A huge relief for me!! Now I have to send the results (they put the images on a disc) to the hospital in Hannover, Germany.

I have not been in touch with most of you (I say most of you, because with a few guys I talk almost every day on facebook.com) but trust me - I am deeply buried in my studies (have 7 exams this semester) and do not see any light at the end of the tunnel - actually do not know where the tunnel ends ;)

I am happy that you recommended me to Elena, a girl who was in search for good doctors for her friend from Romania, Europe, but I have not heard anything of them since the first and the last email I sent to her.

I launched a google group for people who have similar to mine problems in order to help them as much as I can. The google group is in Bulgarian though -  I want to make it sure that I can reach as many people in my country as I can.

I promise to keep you updated! And how could I not - you are awesome fellows that keep giving me a lot of faith!

Blessings to all!
Hrissy

4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: I have been living for this day today for the past 6 months
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:08:00 am »
Hrissy

Don't you DARE think anyone has forgotten you!!!!!!!!!!  :-*  Geesh! Congrats on the fantastic news! I'm thrilled to hear your studies are going well and you are just moving along in life! I'm so glad you were able to help Elena and hope you hear from her soon with her update.

I know you are very busy, but please keep us all in mind from time to time and come post a "hello" or harrass us in the AN Community forum.

so thrilled for you! Congrats again!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 09:20:04 am »
Well, hi, Hrissy!  After all you've been through, it's great to hear your wonderful news of a clear MRI!!!  Sounds like you're very busy with life and that is certainly good to know also!

Take care and do keep in touch when you have a minute,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:27:28 am »
Hrissy~
EXCELLENT news!!  I was wondering if that was what you were referring to on FB!!

Love ya, girl!!

Now, resume studying! ;)
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

LADavid

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 09:44:20 am »
Hrissy

Great news!  Like Kay, I was wondering what you were referring to on Facebook.  I thought it had something to do with bowling at the Galaxy ;D.  Now I get it.  Congratulations.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Lilan

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 10:10:02 am »
I totally remember you! I am now an AN groupie and even here in the Midwest USA have heard of Dr. Samii.  ;D You were in the best hands and so happy to hear you having good results and sounding so upbeat!

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:13:51 am »
Hrissy:

I'm glad you're doing fine AN-wise.
Good luck with your exams.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

mk

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 10:21:27 am »
Hi Hrissy,

it is good to hear from you and I am glad that you are doing so well and you are keeping busy. Your MRI news is fabulous.

I hope you will keep posting from time to time.

All the best,
Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 10:35:17 am »
Hrissy ~

You are not forgotten that easily!  It was very exciting and rewarding to read your post and learn about your 'clear' MRI and the fact that you're so busy with studies - and life.  Congratulations - and try not to forget us.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 11:05:41 am »
Thank you all for your comments!!

your posts make me feel special (blush) This news I was referring to on FB - you got it right!

How could I forget you (us ;) )....? - that is impossible, you give me so much strength! and about the country - my boyfriend keeps reminding me of this every day!! ;)

I am up to my eyes in studying but that does not mean that I am not around - you can PM me at any time!

Further bulletins as events warrant!!

Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

lori67

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 12:58:29 pm »
Great news!

7 exams - wow!  Sounds like that AN did not slow you down at all!

Forget you?  How could I?  You're the only friend I have in Bulgaria!   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

NL

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 01:07:31 pm »
Hi Hrissy,

Great news on the MRI! Thanks for taking a break from your studies to let us know.  :)

And good luck with those exams!

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 03:47:56 pm »
Hrissy,

Great update!  Thanks for sharing it!  Like many other people on here, we haven't forgotten you..  We just understand that people have busy lives and not everything revolves around the ANA Forum any longer.  That's good news.  Life goes on.  Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 04:42:04 pm »
Hrissy,
Of course we haven't forgotten you! I will always remember you. You were one of the first persons on the forum that answered me when I first began to write here. I'm so glad that you are ok and that your studies go well. Absolutely wonderful news from MRI! I am still waiting for a surgery date. It is most frustrating but I try to take one day at a time but I wish I soon could be a postie instead of waiting and waiting. I am also very nervous about the surgery from time to time, but I suppose it's normal to be affraid.

Hugs from Helene in Sweden  :)
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 09:03:59 pm »
Hrissy -

I haven't forgotten you either (so nice to hear from you again) - nor have I forgotten all the things you have been through.  You are one tough woman.

I am thrilled to hear about your MRI - what a relief!

Good luck with the studying.

Please keep in touch.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways