Author Topic: Day of surg. has finally arrived!  (Read 4224 times)

deea

Day of surg. has finally arrived!
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:03:40 am »
Only a few more hours to go...we have to be at hosp.by 5:30 AND OR AT 7:30.  SO FAR THE CALMNESS HAS STAYED WITH ME....GOD HAS BLESSED ME SO GREATLY.  MY Grandsons heart cath went well yesterday,only had to do angioplasty, not another stent. One night in icu and he off and running!

Thank you all for you prayers and healing thoughts.  They are much appreciated.

Hope to post again soon....in the meantime my sister Diane will try to update how things are going.

Blessings and peace to all,
deea

Palace

• Palace
Re: Day of surg. has finally arrived!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:57:46 am »
Hello,

We are all glad that calmness stayed with you.  The waiting is sometimes the hardest part.  It's good to hear that a "sister" will update how things are going.

The best of luck Claudia,

Palace
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:36:59 am by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

deea

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 04:08:16 am »
Hi Everyone, I'm Claudia's sister Diane.  First off, I want to thank you all for being so supportive and encouraging to Claudia.  This board really has been a blessing in so many ways in preparing her for this day and for all the bumps on the way here.  Also, thanks for all your prayers..........God hears them and answers them!

It is difficult for me to not be there with Claudia, but she had requested that I wait until she has recuperated about a month before I travel up from Florida.  We have a lot of fun together and she figured then she could "enjoy" me more then.  What I did to make up for not being there is set up a prayer chain for people to be praying in 15 minute sessions on the day of surgery from 4:30 am. unti 1:45 am.  It is so amazing!  We have over 120 people, all over the world who have signed up.........from Michigan, Florida, Nevada, Virginia, North Carolina, Hawaii, South Carolina, Colorado, Minnesota, California, Oregon, Ohio, and even India, Tawain and Tasmania!

My session was at 4:45 am. and I finished without tears but rather a smile on my face.  Last night before I went to bed I shared Isaiah 41:10 with Claudia:   "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  At the close of my prayers I opened up a devotional book of old hymns.  God has used the hymn "God will take care of you" as a reminder to Claudia that He will take care of her.  In fact, on Sunday the whole church gathered around her and sang it to her!  What was so neat is that at the end of the devotional explaining when this hymn was written and how it is used to encourage those who are hurting was the very passage I had shared with Claudia........Isaiah 41:10.  This was just one more reminder that He is in control and He will take care of her!!  I called Claudia and shared this with her and talked with her until she reached the hospital at 5:30 am.  You would never guess she was going in for brain surgery-God had filled her with an amazing peace!

I will post as I hear from our family.  Thanks again for your prayers.  And my prayer is that all of you will also be filled with His peace and that you are reminded that "God will take care of you"!

I'll talk with you soon!  Diane (Deea's much younger sister)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 07:30:53 am »
Diane, thank you for keeping us up to date as to the progress of Claudia's process... sending her BIG healing huggles and know she is going to do fine..... as are you.  Hang tough, please give Claudia my best wishes, now that she is in hot pursuit to wellness! :)

Wishes for a speedy recovery!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 08:22:26 am »
Diane -

thank you for sharing with us; it sounds like you are an incredible sister and Claudia is lucky to have you.  Your tag line of "much younger sister" made me smile - I have 2 older sisters myself and 1 of them organized a prayer chain for me when I had my surgery on May 31st.  It really meant a lot to me to have people I've never even met praying for me.  I'm happy to say that my surgery went well and I pray that Claudia's will too.

It's very hard to decide on a treatment option, and I'm glad to hear that Claudia is at peace with the choice she made.

Please continue to keep us posted,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

deea

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:55:40 am »
Bruce, Phyl, and Jan,

Thank you for your prayers and kind words.  It's been almost 4 hours since the surgery began, hopefully they are beyond the midway point.  This board allows me to feel connected with Claudia in another way.  I found the board one night when I was searching out info on her tumor.  She was pretty shocked that I found it.  It had been her private space to air her feelings.  I felt like I had invaded her privacy and told her I would never go back to it, if she preferred.  She said it was fine if I did because she shares most things with me anyway....but we would keep the board as "our" secret.  So, I have had to bite my tongue and not mention anything to the rest of our gang.  I do feel "special" being in your precious loop.

I just received a call from one of my other sisters and she said the nurse had come out and said everything was going fine and that they were almost to the tumor.  Thank God for that news!

I'll let you know as things progress.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share with you.

God's best to each of you,
Diane

deea

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 12:34:16 pm »
Great News!

The neurosurgeon just came out and told my family that they were able to remove the tumor completely.  He said everything went well and that the neurotologist (Dr. Daniels) was closing up and would come and speak to the family when he was done.  We're getting there!!

Thanks everyone,
Diane

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 01:10:35 pm »
Hi, Diane:

Thanks for giving us the good news!  :)  This is what we always want to hear, post-op.

We thank you, too, for the great support you've given Claudia - and for taking the time and making the effort to keep us connected to her, through you.    I'm certain all the prayers helped.  I know prayer from many people helped me when I had my AN surgery, last year.  Now, I'll pray for Claudia's rapid and total recovery.   Thanks again for the update.  Tell your sister we said 'Hi!" and congratulations on becoming a 'postie'. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 01:37:32 pm »
Diane, thank you for this update.  We all have Claudia in our thoughts and prayers... and know that she (and all of us) are very lucky/honored that you are part of our elite AN family :)  Please give Claudia best wishes for her recovery... and please remember to take some time for yourself. Sounds like you definately earned it.  Hang in there.

Claudia, welcome to the wonderful world of being a "postie" (post-treatment).  Looking forward to when you log back on and harrass us yourself :) 

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

deea

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 03:03:58 pm »
Praise God!!

Claudia is in ICU and the recovery nurse came out and told the family that Claudia was asking all kinds of questions!  She said that she has hearing in both ears and that she was even smiling.  WOW!!!

How blessed we are!  Please continue to pray for a complete, speedy recovery and no MS flare ups.

Thanks for allowing me the priviledge of being Claudia's mouthpiece!
Diane

ConnieJ

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 03:50:01 pm »
HI Diane,
I am so glad to hear that Claudia is doing so well. I don't know if she mentioned me to you but I am the one that lives about 10min from her and I have and acoustic neroma as well. My surgery is September 5 with the same team of doctors as your sister. I tried to call her last night on her cell phone but couldn't get it to go through. I felt bad I really wanted to talk to her before her surgery. If you talk to her at all tell her I am so happy for her and I have been thinking and praying for her. What a relief for her and all of you to have this over. I can't wait until it's over for me and my family. I have been an emotional mess lately. I cry at the drop of a hat .. its driving me crazy, anyway enough of that.
I am so happy for the good news. Thanks so much for keeping us all updated. Please take care. Connij 

God does answer prayers thats for sure!!!

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 06:24:19 am »
I'm so happy to hear Claudia came through surgery so well!  Make sure she gets lots of rest now, and don't let the pain meds wear off for a few weeks.  I'll continue to offer my best wishes through her recovery. 

Thank you so much for the updates. 

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Ellenmn

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 06:42:23 am »
I am very happy to hear that everything went so well and I will continue to pray of a great recovery

satman

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 12:35:33 pm »
excellent outcome ! she had prayers all the way from TEXAS . congrats.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 02:12:59 pm »
Diane -

sounds like Claudia is doing great.  I'll keep her in my prayers during her recovery; may it be swift and uneventful  :)

ConnieJ -

hang in there.  This is a very stressful time for you; take care of yourself.  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers also.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways