Author Topic: Prayers for kathi Goertzen April 3  (Read 3469 times)

Raydean

Prayers for kathi Goertzen April 3
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:20:44 pm »
 Kathi Goertzen is an anchor for our regional ABC News. Channel 4, Seattle.  Kathi is an amazing person.  In her field of work she is not only talented, but is able to connect to the person being interview, but also with her viewers.  She isn't showy, (but is beautiful both inside and out) and basically, it's well know that if Kathi said it, it's got to be true!

10 years ago, she had her first surgery for a meningioma, a cousin of Acoustic Neuroma, Since then she has had 2 surgeries, 2 sessions of radiation.  Due to it's location on the brainstem it's been very difficult to treat.  The tumor has grown back and Kathi will be having surgery tomorrow, and will follow up with radiation. 

Prayers has help her thru the past surgeries and treatments.  So I am asking for prayers for her and her family tomorrow.   For more info go to www.komotv.com

Hugs and Love
Raydean

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

OMG16

Re: Prayers for kathi Goertzen April 3
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:35:09 pm »
Raydean I saw that on Komo tonight also.  She is such a nice person and I was very sad for her and her family and I have never seen her cry and it broke my heart.  I will keep her in my prayers and be sure to post follow ups if you catch the news and she has an update as I can not always watch.
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 11:39:51 pm »
Raydean,

thanks for sharing this with us.  I'll pray for Kathi.

Please keep us updated,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 05:01:46 am »
Raydean,
My mother in law has spoken of Kathy many times and wishes she was on national TV everytime she visits your area. (my sister in law lives out there)  I will keep her in my prayers and also let my mil know.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Raydean

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 05:33:25 pm »
Prayers help!!!  Here's the update on Kathi Goertzen

Kathi Goertzen
 YouNewsTVâ„¢
Story Published: Mar 31, 2008 at 11:14 AM PDT

Story Updated: Apr 3, 2008 at 3:57 PM PDT
By

April 3, 2008 Update:

Kathi's husband, Rick, called the KOMO newsroom on Thursday afternoon and said Kathi's surgery went "better than expected."

She went into surgery about 9 a.m and the surgeon came to see the family at 3 p.m. Kathi is now in recovery and the doctor says they "got more of the tumor than they thought they would."

Kathi woke up at the end of the surgery, which the doctors were very happy about. She is still awake, and squeezing fingers.

She "sailed right through," Rick said.

Kathi will be in recovery this afternoon and then moved into intensive care overnight.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 06:16:53 pm »
Raydean -

thanks for the update.  I'll continue to pray for Kathi.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:22:22 pm »
I heard back news this morning that Kathy needs to have another surgery. They couldnt remove all the tumor and it grew back. I dont know all the details but this is what I heard on the radio this morning.

My prayers are with her. She is truly couragous.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »
She IS truly courageous and I'll continue to pray for her.

Hope others will do the same.

Jan

wendysig

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 08:08:23 pm »
Raedean,
You can count on my prayers for Kathi too.  I'm sending healing thoughts her way.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Raydean

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 04:14:13 pm »
Kathi had surgery last April for her meningioma (ms?)  tumor.  A benign tumor that for lack of a better wording, a cousin to an acoustic neuroma.  As a whole meningioma's tend to be more aggressive then an Acoustic neuroma and Kathi's tumor is proof of it.  Her tumor is on, or very near the brainstem.  because of the location a small bit of tumor has been left in.  Over the past ten years she has had at least 3 surgeries, radiation and this past spring/summer was in a clinical study back east taking an experimental drug that had shown promise with other type of tumors in stopping growth.  Evidently
between April and now the tumor has rapidly grown back, and requires treatment. Kathi is  scheduled for surgery on the 24th followed by radiation

kathi is an amazing lady. She has shown such courage, and grace.  Again I would ask for prayers and positive thoughts that this will be the last time she will have to deal with this.

Hugs to all
Raydean

Raydean

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 04:37:29 pm »
September 20, 2008- Seattle, WashingtonAdvanced SearchNews
 Weather
 Traffic
 Sports
 Entertainment
 Outdoors
 Opinion
 Mariners Radio
 KOMO 4 TV
 KOMO Newsradio
 YouNewsLocal & Regional

For more information and or to stay updated the web address is
www.komotv.com.

If you click on a message from kathi  you will find a link where you can send good wishes and a very moving video from Dan Lewis her co anchor of many years.

Below is her latest message

A message from Kathi Goertzen

YouNewsTVâ„¢Story Published: Sep 18, 2008 at 11:23 AM PDT

Story Updated: Sep 18, 2008 at 8:01 PM PDT
Dear Friends,
I am so sorry to have to tell you this again. I have had a recurrence of my brain tumor.

The experimental drug I used following my recent surgery was not successful and the tumor has grown back.

On Wednesday, September 24th, I will once again have surgery to remove as much as possible. The surgery will be followed by radiation treatment.

Though this is discouraging news for me and my family, I have faith that I'll be OK and am confident in the team of doctors I have working for me.

I am also extremely thankful for the continued love and support and prayers I receive from you. It all