Author Topic: Results of second MRI  (Read 3720 times)

ganto

Results of second MRI
« on: September 27, 2006, 11:08:47 am »
Yesterday the doctor called and revealed the results of my second MRI.  After the first MRI which was done without gadalinium (gadalinium enhances contrast), the doctor told me that I had a very tiny tumor.  The second MRI was done with gadolinium and the results were startling to me.  The doctor said that the test results showed NO TUMOR.  Needless to say the emotion that I experienced was difficult to describe.  Naturally I was elated.  He believes that the problem (dizziness and tinnitus) may be caused by a fluid buildup in the inner ear and is now treating me for that. 

But, the main reason that I am posting is to say thanks to all of you who responded to my posting when I first was told that I had an acoustic neuroma and sought help from the group.  The sincere e-mails and offers of support were greatly appreciated as I pondered the eventual decision I believed that I would have to make (sugery or radiation.)  I learned a lot about AN from this group and I hope to be able to help someone else based on what I learned from all of you.

Thanks again,
Joe Morganto

cookiesecond

Re: Results of second MRI
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 12:07:21 pm »
Great news Joe!!!! I Praise the Lord for your GOOD report.
Take care,
Lynn

Obita

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 06:36:27 pm »
Hi Joe:

Wow!!  I think you are only the second person to post on here since I started that did NOT have an AN.  I am so very happy for you......If I had not thrown away all of my dry 'em up meds and steroid nasal sprays for fluid in the inner ear that I did not have,  I would ship them all to you!!

Best of luck to you Joe.  I am going to miss you,  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:47:09 am »
That is great news Joe. Congratulations on NOT having an AN!!!!! Now you can chew out the doctor who put you through the expense of a second MRI because he didn't use contrast for the first one. MRI's done looking for ANs are usually done "with and without contrast."
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 08:11:09 pm »
Yeah Joe...stop in anytime!!