Author Topic: PLEASE READ: Need help, Doctors won't return my call  (Read 5312 times)

lauralynn

Re: PLEASE READ: Need help, Doctors won't return my call
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 04:45:07 pm »
THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SWEET AND THOUGHTFUL RESPONSES!!!!!!  Well here is the latest update....I went back to work this past Monday and told my supervisor I couldn't get back on the phone.  So he was kind enough to let me sit w/ someone and listen to their phone calls.  Tuesday I was told I needed a doctor's note to get me off the phone.  So I got the note Thursday and the doctor said I was to work 5 hour days rather than 8 Mon-Fri.  He wants me to do that for a month.  Human Resources approved it, now I'm just waiting to see if Short Term Disability will approve it.  Don't see why they wouldn't, they have approved everything else.  Well my new schedule started this past Friday (8:30-1:30).  I was so relieved that I got to go home that early coz I was so tired.   The previous night I had gone to bed at 7:00 pm and slept til 7:15 am the next morning.  So I hope this new schedule will help me ease back into work and help me to regain some strength and energy.  I'm not happy that I didn't get to talk to my doctor directly....I know he's very busy but it would have really eased my mind alot if I could have spoken to him.  I don't have a follow up w/ him til end of December.  So again, thank you all for your kind words and advice, I will keep you updated.  I'd be lost w/out my AN family ;).

Love,

Laura Lynn
4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone

moe

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 07:04:02 pm »
Great news, Laura Lynn!
The 5 hour days may just feel like full time days, but at least you will have a chance to go home, and NAP! :) (my favorite time of the day).
Here's hoping that things get better day by day. What kind of work will you be doing if not phones?
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 07:09:08 am »
LauraLynn~
So glad that this is working out for you and that your boss is so understanding!!  YEA!  I am sure this will help you transition!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 12:27:41 pm »
Lauralynn,

I'm so glad to hear that someone in your  doctor's  got back to you, even if it wasn't him directly.  I agree it would have been nice if he'd called you himself, but sometimes they tend to hand this kind of thing off to an administrative worker.  I'm glad your employer seems so willing to work with you too.  It sounds like things are improving.

Sending wellness wishes your way,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 03:49:48 pm »
Laura Lynn ~

Thanks for the update and congratulations on the turn of events that seem to be working in your favor.  We're here when and if you need us.  You're family, now.  :)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.