Author Topic: Trouble typing  (Read 8584 times)

er

Re: Trouble typing
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 10:39:33 pm »
Yesterday I paid for my food and left with out getting my change, the cashier was waving me down to give my change. Or today turn the water on in the sink for  hot soapy water and walk a couple of steps to do something else while the sink fills up and turn around to remember  I left the water on. When my son got home from worked this afternoon I asked him the same question 3 different times but I don’t remember him giving me and answer when he did each time. This goes on every day. It isn’t as bad as it was.   
eve

wendysig

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 11:18:24 pm »
Hi all --I
It's good to know I'm not the only one with typing and absent-miindedness problems.  I too have  (or had) a really good memory, especially for phone numbers.  If I dialed a number once I would remember it foreever.  My memory is still pretty good although I find I am more absent-minded.  Of course, this could just be stress right now, but I shudder to think it could be permenant and even get worse.I guess if it does, I probably won't remember anyway it won't really be a big deal!   Dr.Choe called me today at my request and I made the mistake of not writing my questions down  After stuttering and stammering a little, and apologizing, I remembered all but one question I wanted to ask him(is this doctor great or what?  He even offered to call me back later in the day to answer any additional questions I might have.  I feel like I struck gold with him.  In my opinion, he goes way above and beyond the call of duty.)

Wendy

Lori - Exactly what kind of operations is James doing out there in the garage?
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 11:01:22 am »

Lori - Exactly what kind of operations is James doing out there in the garage?

Wendy -

Why?  What do you need?   :D  He's got all sorts of power tools.  He could probably do just about anything.  He even has a sewing machine so he can stitch you back up when he's done!  Like I said, it is a little hot out there now.  You might want to wait til fall! 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 11:14:59 am »
Lori -
I don't need any other surgery right now thanks, but tell  your husband I'll keep hiim in mind for next time.  I already promised Dr. Choe he could do my AN surgery and I think he's looking forward to it.  I wouldn't want to disappoint him, you know?  Somehow I knew I could count on you to make me laugh though!

Wendy

2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 03:02:41 pm »
Wendy -

I think Lori forgot to mention that her husband doesn't use anesthesia.  He just gets Lori to tell jokes and the patient laughs so hard, they don't notice the pain  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 10:15:50 am »
Yes, and when I run out of jokes, I get my 5 year old to talk incessantly until you fall asleep anyway.  And if that doesn't work, we have an old cast iron skillet... oh, well, never mind, maybe I shouldn't tell you about our back up plan...Forget I mentioned that...

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 11:07:39 am »
Lori -
I sure hope we don't need to resort to the backup plan.  More than likely, if you run out of jokes, your five year old will do the trick, or I can just stick with Dr. Choe!   Have you checked out the AN Community page?  It looks like wherever we go, we're going to need a bigger table.

Jan - I'm not sure about the lack of anesthesia.  That might not work for me but maybe he can get some laughing gas.  Hope he has steady hands!

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!