Author Topic: Eureka eureka ......surgery with DR SIsti a sucess  (Read 2967 times)

rm516

• 'incremental improvements' everyday!
Eureka eureka ......surgery with DR SIsti a sucess
« on: January 15, 2014, 07:35:36 pm »
It was a acoustic nueroma (3.2 cm) more than 80% removed yesterday.
I am so grateful to Dr  Micheal SIsti, he not only saved my remaining hearing,,facial nerves,very minor balance issues ( I am going to bathroom unassisted).I was not so sick yesterday that they did not put me in neuro ICU( just recovery room so annoying with all people coming and although I threw up 4 times)changed recovery room twice then finally room at 11:30 am.SIsti spent so much time with family . so good bed manners that it is amazing. They experimented new imaging technique under operating microscope.
Mine was such soft AN, doctor didn't have problem peeling, facial nerve was  found posterialy found at the beginning of operation. No damage to hearing or facial nerve (my demand) no pain killers taken.According to Sisti, found similar case 7 or 8 years ago and similar success.]  In other words no damages so for! May need gamma in 10 years(If necessary) Will write more in details.
Diagnosed AN in 2008,  3.2 cm CPA round, retrosigmoid surgery performed by Dr. M. Sisti, Columbia Pres.Hospital  NY, in Jan 2013, After surgery no major issues, Hearing retained (>50% ). However, 2 YRs post surgery MRI shows a further decrease in the size of residual AN! No GK or any therapy needed.

TexasSprinter

Re: Eureka eureka ......surgery with DR SIsti a sucess
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:18:43 pm »
Great news. Keep posting with updates on your continued improvement!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Eureka eureka ......surgery with DR SIsti a sucess
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 01:43:33 pm »
Raj ~

Congratulations on a successful AN surgery with an outstanding result!  May your recovery continue apace.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.