Author Topic: This week (6/7) in the metamorphosing week of AN...  (Read 2262 times)

Keri

This week (6/7) in the metamorphosing week of AN...
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:49:26 pm »
This week's winner of the creative adjective contest goes to Sue (suboo73)! Thank you! I hope I spelled it right.

Well, it's late, but still Sunday - today is the 3rd anniversary of Jim Scott's surgery. After reading the story of what he's gone through, I'm so happy and thankful he's recovered so nicely and has posted numerous hours on this forum helping all of us. Happy anniversary, Jim.

Tamara has a one year translab anniversary - this Friday, 6/12. Happy anniversary!

Jackie has a 2 year MRI on Friday as well. Jackie, I don't 'know' you too well so I tried to read some of your posts to see how you were. I believe you're W&W with an AN and mengionoma ?? Please let us know how your MRI goes, results, etc.

Only one surgery on the schedule this week - that's Lilan's 'hot date' at House on Thursday, June 11 (midde fossa).  Lilan, I believe you are traveling now - I hope you'll get to check in with us one more time before surgery. We'll want to send you all our well wishes - you've been a help and encouragement to many on here too, and you haven't even had surgery yet! Just imagine how you'll be when you're a postie!

Some newbie updates - Adrienne has posted under 'post treatment.' Glad you're doing well, Adrienne, and have your hearing too!
Also, Chelsea's mom, Michelle, has posted under AN Issues. Chelsea and Michelle, I think you've been on this forum for the last couple of years, so I'm not totally familiar with your story, but wish you well in your recovery.

Blessings, thoughts and prayers to Lilan in surgery this week, with the new newbies in their recovery and those with MRI's.

Have a good week!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

wendysig

Re: This week (6/7) in the metamorphosing week of AN...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:17:50 pm »
Keri -

Thanks again for filling in for LADavid you're doing a great job!

Jim -- Happy 3rd ANniversary

Tammy -- Happy one year ANniversary -- hard to believe it's been that long, isn't it

Jackie -- Good luck with your trip into the TOG -- I hope everything checks out fine.

Lillian-  My thoughts and prayers will be with you -- best wishes for a spectacularsurgical  outcome.

Adrienne -- Glad to hear you are doing well

Chelsea's mom - I hope she is doing okay.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

suboo73

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:48:23 am »
Another great summary for this week, Keri - thanks!
------------------------------
Jim - what can i say?  I haven't been here a year, but with your wisdom and insight, i would swear you have been here MUCH longer than 3 years... ;D
        Happy Anniversary!

Lilian - Many thoughts and prayers to you and your extended family during and after surgery.  Stay strong and remember the F3D rule.

Tamara - Happy 1 year anniversary to you!  ;D Hope you are doing well today and it continues forward.

Jackie - Many prayers to you during the TOG - i hope the pics are all clear.

Adrienne - Sounds like things are going well for you.  I wish you continued healing.

Michelle - How is Chelsea doing today?  Please send our love and prayers to her. 
               I know Chelsea is strong.  Your support will help see her thru this incredible ordeal.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:33:09 am »
Keri,

Great job!  Thank you for staying on top of this, as its always far too important to know where folks stand in their AN journey (and such).

Jim... what can I say?  Happy happy anniversary to you.  Your story is amazing, having been through surgery and radiation... and I look at you now (face to face) and see how beautifully you are doing!  Those wellness wishes continue your way and btw.......  isn't it your week to buy all the Mods drinks in the lounge?  Steve's got next week! :D

for all those celebrating anniversarys or gearing up for treatments... wellness wishes to you.. and for those coming out of treatment and taking those steps towards wellness, speedy recoveries to you all!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:46:15 am »
Keri -

wonderful adjective and many thanks for resurrecting the weekly update - you're doing an outstanding job ;D

Jim - like Sue, I feel like I've known you for years.  Can't believe it's only your 3rd anniversary.  Hope it's a happy one.

And Tammy - time sure flies when you're having fun  ;)  You've come a long way in a year.  Do something great for yourself and celebrate your successes!

Best wishes to Lilan; I'll be waiting to update this "family" when I get the good word.  Hope things go well for you.

Jackie - wishing you good news on the TofG results.

And to Adrienne and Chelsea, keep the faith.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 02:14:30 pm »
Keri, thank you for "This week" :)

Lilan, you will be in our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery on Thursday.  We know you’ll be glad to finally be able to move on with your journey.  Will someone be updating for you?

Best of luck to you Jackie, with your 2 year visit to the TOG, my it be completely clear.

Congratulations Jim on celebrating your 3 year surgery anniversary, and thank you for sending back to the dictionary every so often ;D  It was great to meet you and your wife Tina at Maxwells, and hope to see you both again in the fall.

Happy Anniversary Tamara, lets keep them coming with uneventful AN news.

Glad to hear that Adrienne and Chelsea are on their way to hopefully speedy recoveries, and Chelsea for her second time at only 20 years old.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

And LADavid, we’re thinking about you.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Keri

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:56 am »
Hi Rich,
Didn't Scarlett just have her MRI (gee, I think I'm starting to memorize the calendar!)? I hope everything is clear on that.
How are her headaches?
Nice to hear from y'all!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 10:13:05 am »
Keri ~

Thanks to you for this weeks AN roundup, which I know most of us really value.  Good job.  :)

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words as I passed my 3rd surgery anniversary.  You guys are magnificent - and much appreciated.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 06:34:55 pm »
Thanks Keri (and everyone!)

Adrienne
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!

Tamara

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 01:36:13 pm »
Thanks to Keri for filling in -

Just wanted to make a quick post - yes, my one year anniversary is today.  I can't say I'm a big fan of surgery - hope to never have any again.  I'm glad the past year is behind me.  On the bright side, though, I got to meet all you folks.  I do follow along, and am always silently and prayerfully rooting for those whose journey has just begun.  I just don't really post all that often.  You are all so eloquent, there is not usually much left to say by the time I get there!

I continue to have facial weakness, and some facial issues.  When I clamp down with the left lips, my left eye closes.  I really do feel like Popeye.  It's weird.  But, if I hold my left upper & lower lips together, I can whistle again  :).  Not that my dogs ever really listened to me whistling for them, anyway ;)

Jim, Happy Anniversary to you!  You are a true friend and adviser to so many who end up on this forum.

Hugs to all,
Tam
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...