Author Topic: 2nd week of recovery from Ghenier  (Read 2791 times)

ghenier27

2nd week of recovery from Ghenier
« on: November 03, 2009, 11:07:05 am »
Hello to all my friends, I just had to tell last week I started driving again. I am doing small shopping trips to the stores. I think I should the poster person for this surgery as well as I am doing. I am down to 1/4 of a pain tablet per day. Doing house hold chores, still losing weight and making process. Walking my dogs outside and taking care of my daughter BUT not lifting yet as per doctors orders.
Thank you all for all that youall have done to get me threw this process and my journey threw my surgery. I owe youall alot of thanks. I will keep you posted.   And now I can finally say that I am a postie toastie! Debi

epodjn

Re: 2nd week of recovery from Ghenier
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 12:05:14 pm »
Wow, congrats, you are doing great! You should be the poster person for this surgery. You are definitely one of the fastest recovery stories I'v heard of.
Julie
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

mll

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 01:24:33 pm »
You're amazing!!! I'm now six days post-op and you give me hope. Congrats on your recovery.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 02:10:19 pm »
wow Debi! Congrats.. and please remember to take it easy from time to time.... continued wellness wishes to you! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

davjack

• Spinning out of control
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 02:19:36 pm »
Congratulations Debi! I believe you said you had the surgery at Shands. Who was your surgeon?
DJ
Lumpy is 1.3cm...am now in W&W mode since Dec. 2009

Kiwi Don

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 02:49:44 pm »
Hi Debi,

Great to hear all is going well, I pray that the healing process continues on smooth tracks.
Take care and remember to take the time outs when needed.

Don
24July09 Diagnoised with Left AN 2.0cm x 1.9cm
Translab Scheduled 7April10

"Received the Ticket, Boarded the Train, and now the Journey has begun??"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:16:25 pm »
Debi ~

At this point, all I can add is my personal congratulations and admiration on your excellent recovery.  Resumption of driving is a major milestone.  Well done!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 06:53:45 am »
Congrats, congrats, congrats!  Your progress is amazing!  May you keep moving forward by leaps and bounds! 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear