Author Topic: Anyone ever seen statistics on regrowth of An's?  (Read 1915 times)

Pembo

Anyone ever seen statistics on regrowth of An's?
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:26:08 am »
Regrowth is on a lot of our minds and I'm wondering if there are any studies/stats out there with numbers for those who have had regrowth....with total removal the first time.

We, on this site, are only a small part of the AN population and I'm guessing that if everything is fine you wouldn't come to this site.

Just curious...........
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Raydean

Re: Anyone ever seen statistics on regrowth of An's?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 03:36:38 pm »
Hi Pemco

One of the problems (as I see it) would be knowing the difference. Is  it's actual  regrowth of a tumor, or residual tumor?    All to often AN patients are told by their treating Doctor's that they "totally removed the tumor" only to find at a later date that tumor remained.  Like you I'm curious as to the true numbers of regrowth verses residual tumor.  I'm guessing that residual tumor is more common then actual regrowths, but's that my non educated guess.

Have a great day
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Battyp

Re: Anyone ever seen statistics on regrowth of An's?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 08:47:19 pm »
You know it scares the beejeezus out of me!  I know my reports all say it's all gone, the doctor say's it's all gone but it got there somehow the first time who says for sure it won't be back?  Thinking Capt Deb needs to say a new chant to make sure it stays at bay!