Author Topic: Bike Riding  (Read 8440 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Bike Riding
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 08:27:00 pm »
I've adopted my older brother's mantra. He's 12 years older than I. "While I can't stop my body from getting older, I can be immature forever"... ;)

Along those same lines, I'm kind of partial to the words of Jimmy Buffett "I'm growing older, but not up"  ;D

Parrothead Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 11:17:46 pm »
Donnalynn,

My Dad's family came over in around 1915-1920.  They lived in Hamilton, Ont.  They had to anglosize the their first and last names.  Back than Canadians were not tolerant to a different sounding name.  Her name was actually Veronica, like my sister.  My sister goes by Robin and my Aunt Ronnie.  She married a man from Denmark and his family settled in the Detroit Michigan area, so that's were she lived.  Oh I could just go on and on.  I love history and my families is very interesting.

Thanks for kind words.
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

chicofernandez

• Caring Bridge Site
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 08:58:44 am »
Hello, all. 1st post on the site.  I am having my surgery in 2 days and getting ready to set off for Duke today.  I am an avid biker.   I own 5 bikes, used to ride almost daily, and my biggest fear is not being able to ride again post surgery.  I promise to jump back on the back on the bike as soon as possible, and to complete the 24 Hours of Booty (a charitable bike event in CLT, NC) this year for the 6th consecutive year.

Thanks for posting this thread.  It's exactly what I needed to read today.

Best,
Chico
Retrosigmoid Craniotomy for 2cm AN 1/14/09, 2 more surgeries to stop life-threatening epidural bleed on 1/14 and 1/15. Surgery at Duke- Dr. Allan Friedman and Dr. Takanori Fukushima.

wcrimi

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 09:52:47 am »
Chico,

Best of luck on both the surgery and your bike riding goals!

When you feel up to it, make sure you let us know how things are going.  There are a lot of helpful pepople here.

Wayne
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move