Author Topic: Membership to ANA Association  (Read 5921 times)

Vivian B.

Membership to ANA Association
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:41:00 pm »
I was trying to complete the form to become a member, but under the address zip code it only allows for States. Can I still become a member from Canada? Is there a way to enter Canada and postal code? There is probably a very simple answer to this that I just couldn't figure out. I will blame my AN for the foginess!

Thanks everybody.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Membership to ANA Association
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:53:22 pm »
Hi Vivian,

Oh, I know the ANA will be very appreciative of this and your membership.  Suggestion.....You can phone their office (not sure about long distance for you but their number is: 770-205-8211) and they will take the info over the phone.  Otherwise, send an email to: info@anausa.org and explain to them that there is no state or option for CAN listed and you want to do membership. They are real good about responding..... put on the subject line: "ANA Online membership form not allowing for Canada". That should do the trick.

Please keep us updated and if you need assistance with this, send me a "PM" for a way for them to contact you for follow up.  They will be out of the office later this week for the symposium.

Your generousity will be greatly appreciated (and helps to keep the forums up and running!) :)

Very sweet of you to do.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Vivian B.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 07:29:25 am »
Thanks Phyl for replying. I will do as you suggested. I will let you know once I have it sorted out.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

tenai98

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 02:31:19 pm »
Do what I did...just put in ooooo where zip code is required then send along a note with the proper postal codesd
Jo from ontario canada
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 02:36:32 pm »
hey Jo.. thanks for sharing that.. I had no clue that would work. What about currency conversion? enter as USD and came through on your account as CAN$, no worries?

Good to know.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tenai98

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 03:52:12 pm »
Phyl
I dont know about the currency part as I was married to an american and have an american account . So when I sent ANA a cheque, in was an american cheque
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 04:57:32 pm »
Vivian -

many thanks for becoming a member - it's well worth the price of the dues.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 06:33:27 pm »
it's well worth the price of the dues.

... and then some :)

Phyl

Vivian B.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 05:38:22 am »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help. I have to call Jennifer back at the ANA office as she said maybe she can mail me the application and also some information. I haven't received anything. But that is a good idea. Instead of E-Mailing the application, I will mail it with a note. I will provide a credit card no. if they will accept it and the currency is done automatically.

I plan to call her tomorrow. 

Thanks.

Vivian

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 07:53:16 am »
I'm really glad I saw this post.  It reminded me "oh yeah, I want to join"...
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Vivian B.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 10:45:25 am »
Hi Dr.

The office at ANA was very helpful in providing me with the application as I could not do it on-line due to a Canadian address. I just sent them my membership fee and they have already provided me with some great information. They also now have the option of providing info. on-line if you are a member. It's a great place. I only wish some day I could provide more. If it wasn't for this forum, I really don't know how I would have held up plus being able to  help others is a great way to get through this journey as well.

Phyl,

I got everything settled, and payment is on its way. Thanks everybody for the helping me with application.

Vivian

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 09:47:09 pm »
I'm really glad I saw this post.  It reminded me "oh yeah, I want to join"...

Please do - and encourage others.  It's a wonderful organization.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 05:04:02 pm »
Hi Dr.

The office at ANA was very helpful in providing me with the application as I could not do it on-line due to a Canadian address. I just sent them my membership fee and they have already provided me with some great information. They also now have the option of providing info. on-line if you are a member. It's a great place. I only wish some day I could provide more. If it wasn't for this forum, I really don't know how I would have held up plus being able to  help others is a great way to get through this journey as well.

Phyl,

I got everything settled, and payment is on its way. Thanks everybody for the helping me with application.

Vivian

Glad it worked out Vivian.  Jennifer and all the girls in the ANA office are terrific and VERY helpful.

A truly wonderful organization, as Jan notes... for sure.  Membership also helps to keep these forums running (all Moderators volunteer time as well..... well, except we have access to the Moderator Leer Jet but hey, that's another story).  These forums have become "family" to so so many and the membership dues keeps us here.  So, for me, money well spent.

thanks for your generousity to the ANA... and for those that can do so..... well worth the money.  They do so much for us all!

Phyl

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 05:08:42 pm »
Membership also helps to keep these forums running

So do contributions, so I encourage those who can to make them.  They're tax deductible also, which is VERY nice!

Jan