Author Topic: I'm having gamma knife surgery on Mon Aug 27th - a question or 2  (Read 3143 times)

Tbanis2463

For those who have had gamma knife - did you notice any immediate change after treatment i.e. hearing change, tinnitus change,or anything else?

I will document here my experience after the treatment I will receive. 

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: I'm having gamma knife surgery on Mon Aug 27th - a question or 2
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 06:53:54 pm »
Tbanis,

I want to welcome you,firstly to the ANA forum. I did have Gamma Knife in June and apart from being tired the next day and having a little headache the following day, mostly I had a sore neck for 3 days. I had debulking surgery that basically made me SSD in my left ear and I had my balance nerve cut in 2004. Good luck tomorrow! You have nothing to worry about! Do you have a CD machine take some relaxing music. You will be in my prayers tonight!

Relax!

You have arrived at a site that is very warm and caring, we are here for you. Come back often and document your progress!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Tbanis2463

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:29:55 am »
S. Demisey - had Gamma Knife procedure and its pretty much how I feel is the things you mentioned about the neck pain and headache.  Other than that I feel pretty good.

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:06:01 pm »
TBanis,

It has been over a month, excuse me for not getting back to you! How are you feeling now? Since we all go through it individually, is your recovery process different.......? I have found I have facial twinges this far out which started in midSeptember......It's mostly just annoying......

Praying for you.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

It is what it is

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »
How are you?

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.