Author Topic: Anyone else have theses problems?  (Read 1503 times)

Evltwin

Anyone else have theses problems?
« on: June 08, 2010, 04:31:11 pm »
It’s been a while since I posted something but I read all your postings.  I did want to know if anyone had the same issues I have been having.

1.   I have had an odd taste in my mouth just prior to my AN surgery which was in December 2008.  It comes and goes and it tastes like I have been sucking on a handiwipe.  Sometime my tongue discolors.   My ENT did a culture on it and thought it might be black tongue or harry tongue.  The test came back negative.  Now my ENT saying it might be a result of the tumor.  Anyone have this?
2.   I have had left side facial paralyses for 1 ½ years.  Now I am having jaw issues along with constant sinus headaches.   Thought it was TMJ and/or allergies.  I am now seeing a physical therapist because they think the lack of muscle activity is causing spasms and blockage of the sinus cavity.  Anyone have this problem and can suggest at home stretches?  PT is costing way too much and making me broke for little to no relief.     

Thanks for all the time and info from other postings.  It has been a great help.

Chad

ddaybrat

• The Brat's Blog
Re: Anyone else have theses problems?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:05:48 pm »
The odd taste in your mouth is fairly common...a rather metallic taste.  My doctor recommended taking zinc.  There are others on this site that have tried the zinc and it has worked for some and not others.  I haven't tried it yet as I keep forgtting to pick it up when I'm at the store...guess I need to write myself a note.
1.4 x 1.5 x 0.4 cm AN on left side
retromastoid craniectomy 3/31/2010
Dr. Randy Gehring - Lafayette, IN
Tinnitis, deafness
Vestibular nerves destroyed
4 months post-op:
Facial movement returning
Paralytic ectopic repair on lower lid
Transverse ligament adjustment on upper lid