Author Topic: Today is 4 weeks post-op translab  (Read 8582 times)

LizAN

Re: Today is 4 weeks post-op translab
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 11:10:11 pm »
Lol, no. I mean the way the penguins waddle is like me touching the walls when I walk. Touching one side then the other side (at work).

Okay, now I've got the picture.    :)

I seem to be needing to widen my base, for more stability.  My partner has noticed my gait is changing, so it's not just my imagination.  I wish it were.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

It is what it is

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 07:06:37 pm »
Just 2 more days Liz.  I hope your pre-op time is going well.   :)
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 09:33:59 pm »
Hey Kixit, just getting around to reading your thread here! I know that impatient feeling you talked about!  Funny thing is, you think it's never going to go back to normal, but then before you know it, all those funny pains and aches and other things that were so prominent at some point decided to sneak away and you never noticed.  Like for me, I had middle fossa and they cut some of the jaw muscle on the scalp to get to the tumor.  After surgery I couldn't open my mouth more than a finger width.  It seemed like it took forever but then one day I just noticed it was completely normal...I had no idea when it got to that point. So hang in there! Let us know how it goes!
Take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

It is what it is

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »
That was encouraging Jay.   ;D

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.