Author Topic: 3 month MRI  (Read 1779 times)

Susan B

3 month MRI
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:47:36 pm »
I got the results of my 3 month post ck and the tumor is exactly the same size as it was before treatment. Doc said they were happy with this news it isn't growing and I should be too. So I am. During a telephone consult at 6 weeks one of my neurosurgeons asked how the ringing in my ears was -respones don't have any, how about balance issues- same response, was I having to chew my food on side away from tumor-no. I said my only issue was a wave of tiredness around 6 in the evening and after lying down for 30 min I'm okay. He said that wasn't a side effect. So I must be a very strange AN patient ? My lack of hearing in my right ear remains my only reminder that something strange has happened. No more procedures for 6 months than another MRI. Celebrating with family and friends

sgerrard

Re: 3 month MRI
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:46:30 pm »
He said that wasn't a side effect.

He's never had an acoustic neuroma, nor had treatment for one. :)

I think you are doing great, I hope you do too. No growth is goal number #1 for radiation treatment. You are lucky to have lost the tinnitus, too, I wouldn't mind that happening to me. You are well on your way - enjoy it!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.