Author Topic: Operation at House Ear clinic today  (Read 4943 times)

Lizard

Re: Operation at House Ear clinic today
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 11:46:08 am »
Congrats and I'm happy to hear your good report.  You must be so excited to get home, have a safe trip and make sure you take it easy when you get home.  31 hours will take their toll...perhaps you can request an upgrade due to your current disabilities or at least request to board the plane before other passengers.
Take care and welcome to the the other side, postie!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 01:13:55 pm »
Jossie ~

Congratulations on your successful surgery at HEI!  I'm so pleased to learn that everything went well and that you'll soon be homeward bound to reunite with your family.  I appreciate your determination to help make doctors and the public in your country more aware of acoustic neuroma.  Thank you for your prayers - and your contributions to these forums.  Be well.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 04:43:22 pm »
Congratulations!  I knew you were in good hands at the House Institute.  My SSD was diagnosed and treated there in 1998.  I have flown to Kenya in East Africa and I know how grueling that can be.  Plan a late flight if you can with minimum layovers and try to sleep as much as you can.  Maybe your doc will even give you something for sleep.  Great news and I wish you a safe journey home.
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

satman

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 07:24:55 pm »
congrats !
be sure to take it easy
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Sonja

• Calendar
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 08:04:27 am »
Jossie:

You are in my prayers. You are in great hands at HEC. I had surgery there in February 2009 and am doing great. I'd have to say what Jerseygirl2 said. If I had to do it again (PLEASE NO) I'd walk to HEC from Maryland to have them do the surgery. Good luck and God bless you.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Sonja
Symptoms 2005
AN diagnosed January 2007
Watch & Wait until now
Surgery (Translab) scheduled February 18, 2009 HEI (Dr. House, Dr. Schwartz, Dr. Stefan)
No servicable hearing in affected ear