Author Topic: two steps forward , one back  (Read 5079 times)

Kaybo

Re: two steps forward , one back
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 09:53:08 am »
Pricilla~
I was sitting in my photography class lst night and I was thinking I needed to PM you and see how you were doing!  The teacher kind of goes off on stories that I wonder what they have to do w/ photography and my mind wanders....anyway, the lady across from me reminded me of YOU!!  Glad it is a little better!  Just be very careful taking so much Advil as it can really mess your stomach up!
Here's hoping you have a headache-free day!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 11:40:39 am »
It seems that it's directly related to the swelling.  Well, not the swelling itself but the build-up and release of CSF pressure inside your head.  I very distintly remember Dr Vrabec poking where the swelling was and I immediately got a headache (a sharp pain, horrible headache) but after he stopped jacking with it then my headache went away.  It all happened in a matter of seconds.

As I recall, my swelling finally cleared up at about 2 months post op.  Using Advil and the homemade pressure wrap (i.e. bonnet) can hopefully control the headaches and swelling respectively.  The key to keeping the headaches at bay is controlling the buildup up CSF in the swelling.  If you can keep that down, then the headaches should follow suit.

Keep us updated..

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 01:05:23 pm »

Don't know when I will return to school.  Guess my only guide will be when the headaches get more predictable so that I can work around them.  Obviously, I am getting signs that I am not in charge of this event.  I think I mentioned before that all teachers are closet control freaks, so this is hard :-[ :-[!  I am learning to be grateful for the good times when they come, and for my faithful friends and patient husband.  If a friend in need is a friend indeed, then I am quickly becoming the best friend ever! :D.

No, you are not in charge of this event.  It's no fun at all and I'm sorry you are still battling this.  Hopefully it will pass, and you will return to the classroom and life in general in fine form.
All best,
Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.