Author Topic: New member here  (Read 7105 times)

Kilroy1976

Re: New member here
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 09:56:23 am »
What, do your research. There are many treatment options available, and each of them has advantages and disadvantages. In the end, you're going to have to choose just one, and you need to make sure that it's an informed decision so that you can be comfortable knowing that it was the correct one.

I'll be pulling for Iowa throughout the tournament, especially if they play Duke. I graduated from Illinois, so I always support the Big Ten teams in the post-season. And it's always a special treat when one of them kicks Duke (particularly their cocky little guard) out of the dance early. Michigan State last year anyone? :)
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 06:12:20 pm »
Kilroy,
THTHTHTHTHTHTHTH! (those are raspberries!) :P
Captain Deb
(I still love you, though ;D)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 07:49:24 pm »
All I know about March Madness is it's interferring with my viewing reality pleasure!

Go Duke (to get kilroy going)
Go Michigan (to get Capt Deb going)

am I missing anyone?   ;D

matti

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 08:16:29 pm »
battyP - Why thank you for the compliment  :D Yes! I agree, we are sane, although our dear friend Larry thinks otherwise  :P

Phyl - I am a shoeaholic, just tell me when and where. I love me spiked heels! (Just gotta hang on to somebody when I wear em now)

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

lmurray69

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 07:34:18 pm »
[Phyllis   i noticed your an is almost the same as mine . I am very dizzy, tired all the time, diabetic, deaf, on the left side so is my an on the left..no face problems yet, But i do have TIA's go numb and then wake up.. Just wondering ..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Battyp

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 10:11:36 pm »
lmurray what's a TIA?

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 06:33:19 am »
TIA is also known as a "mini stroke", essentially there is an intermittant loss of blood flow to a certain area of the brain and the body functions controlled by that part of the brain are stoped for a period and then when it starts flowing the body parts are ok. It is a "warning" that there is something wrong within the brain and changes need to be made so that the person doesn't eventually have a stroke.
A couple of years ago I had a strange attack where by my entire right side went numb and I was investigated for TIA, they also thought it may have been a vagial nerve seizure. It happen one other time only (thank heavens). I know the things I need to change but haven't may the changes yet. (I am bad I know).
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 09:30:08 am »

Phyl - I am a shoeaholic, just tell me when and where. I love me spiked heels! (Just gotta hang on to somebody when I wear em now)

you're on hon... next week, Cambridge MA, Mass Avenue, Teddy's Shoes at Central Sq.  They got 'em spiked heels and since BI is not too far from there (just across the river from MIT), works for me! :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 09:33:21 am »
ok, I thought it had something to do with a stroke but wasn't reading things that way...thanks for clearning that up!

Phyl, I need new shoes!