Author Topic: BAHA with Glasses  (Read 4051 times)

wanderer

BAHA with Glasses
« on: February 13, 2006, 05:45:37 pm »
Okay crazy question.     I am going in from the baha implant next week.    What I am wondering is how many of you wear glasses with the baha,  more specifically  how many of you wear oakley sunglasses with it.    Can you?   If so how far back is your implant.   Do the glasses cause problems with the baha?

Thanks,

Pembo

Re: BAHA with Glasses
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 05:51:54 pm »
Take your glasses with you to the hospital and make sure the doc marks the spot for your implant while you are wearing them.  My implant is about 1 inch above my ear and about 2 inches back. Does that make sense? It is high and back.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 06:44:55 pm »
I wear glasses 100% of the time, I should not be an issue ... but Pempo is right, I would make sure you tell them that you wear em!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

lmurray69

Re: BAHA with Glasses what implant?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 07:00:08 pm »
[.   Do what is baha ? what is baha, is this after the surgery for the eye or what I havent had surgery yet and that was not one of my ? ???
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

wanderer

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 08:08:39 pm »
BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid)   

yeah I stopped by and asked the doc and he said he would mark a spot.   I was concerned because I wear sunglasses all the time,  I have problems keeping my eye open in normal light much less bright light.   But oakleys only come with long straight ear pieces no curved around the ear ones.   So I was just wondering about it,   

Thanks for the replies.

How did you feel the day of  and the few days after implantation?    This is well after the date of surgery for me.

Pembo

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 08:01:36 am »
I had a pretty bad headache the day of surgery. But I managed it with just otc Tylenol and Advil. I had mild headaches for about 3 weeks after. They weren't that bad, just took otc Tylenol.   The worst part was trying to wash all the goop out of my hair. Dawn dish detergent.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006