Author Topic: short term memory problem  (Read 7078 times)

sunshine16

Re: short term memory problem
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 11:17:23 am »
funny, phyl...

I'm having bad memory, and for sure it's all because of AN, coz I don't smoke, don't drink, none, NEVER used drugs, not taking any medications right now......  still thankful, atleast I still have a bit of my brain left and functioning, not 100% but good enough to live my life  ;D

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 01:13:17 pm »
My worst memory problem came after I started driving again--I kept losing the CAR!
At the Wal-Mart!  Dr. Love bought me a brand new fancy SUV in appreciation for surviving surgery--lots of airbags and safety stuff. I was driving a hot little Subaru sporty thing called the Batmobile. 
The worst time came when I had forgotten that I even had a new car and spent a half-hour looking for the Batmobile at Wal-Mart before I remembered that I didn't even own it any more!  We straightened that all out when the doc gave me a handicapped tag.  Old folks glare at me when I pull into a crip space--if they only new how much the world starts spinning after running around in the Wal-mart for a while! Also can't hear where the cars in the parking lot are coming from!

What were we talking about?
Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 08:32:10 pm »
OMG Capt Deb..I can so relate only no one bought ne a new car  lol  I too have a batmobile.  It's a black Kia with a batman insigna on the front and flames on a tag frame  on the back  lol  See great minds think alike. 

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 01:13:13 pm »
Girl, I am Gonna have to move you in next door to me!  You my new best friend!! We sooooo think alike! ;D
Capt Deb! 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

thecakes

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 05:14:20 pm »
A disability tag is one of the fringe benefits of having a brain tumor.  Mine expired and I thought I'd have trouble getting it renewed.  I went to my family Dr. and he just said"oh, why yes you need one.  You had a brain tumor"  It worked out nice this winter, when its so cold and icy.  When I work at the hospital I do'nt use it, I feel someone really disabled needs the space.

Battyp

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 05:22:14 pm »
Funny cakes they gave me a hard time trying to renew.  I got another temporary one until Sept which will just be past a year from surgery so I figure I'll go from there.  If my knees get any worse then I figure my ortho will give me one permanently..heck he'd do just cuz he thinks I'm cute  lol