Author Topic: Has anyone had Dr Friedman and Schwartz at House  (Read 4118 times)

v357139

Has anyone had Dr Friedman and Schwartz at House
« on: August 24, 2013, 11:28:41 am »
Hi my name is Rich Dobson and I have 2.7cm AN.  I am also considering Dr Friedman and Schwartz for my 2.7cm AN.  Can you please help me with some information?
1) As a result of the surgery, any PERMANENT or LONG TERM (how long?) issues you are experiencing (Facial, balance, pain, cognitive, etc)?  As a result of the surgery.
2) Did you travel and where  from?
3) Can I call you to discuss?
It will help me decide to compare them with other doctors I am considering.  Thanks so much.
Rich Dobson
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Has anyone had Dr Friedman and Schwartz at House
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:21:02 pm »
Hi Rich .....

I answered your PM just now.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

It is what it is

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 12:38:04 pm »
Hi Rich,

I also responded to your PM.  :)

I wish good things for you in this process. 

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:30:10 pm »
Was great to talk with you, Rich!  I hope you find your answer and can be at peace about it very soon...

Keep us posted on what you decide.  Best wishes,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

jgereda

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 09:25:57 pm »
I did not see Friedman but I saw dr Goddard there and an scheduled for surgery on sept 11with him and Schwartz. I have all the same questions. Also wondering how long most people are out of work following surgery. Feeling anxious. Any advice is really appreciated.

kmr1969

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 11:24:48 am »
Drs. Brackmann and Schwartz did my translab surgery on November 13th last year and I was back to work the 2nd week of January.  Was able to go back full-time and have not had any issues.  I think most people average around 8 weeks after surgery to go back to work, but you may be ready sooner or a little later.  Also, maybe part-time would be an option for you to transition back into work?

Don't worry about feeling anxious.  I'm sure everyone here had a lot of anxious moments, but you have made your decision, chosen a very experienced team, and now you just have to let it happen.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Ken
2.7 cm AN diagnosed June 2012
Translab completed November 2012 at House Clinic
SSD; numbness on face and in mouth, plus poor taste buds, but happy with how I am doing so far