Author Topic: Has anyone ever used Dr Choe and Shirivastava at Mt Sinai?  (Read 2666 times)

v357139

Has anyone ever used Dr Choe and Shirivastava at Mt Sinai?
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:53:41 am »
I am considering Dr Choe and Shrivastava at Mt Sinai.  They recommend retrosig, while a different hospital recommends translab.  I do still have some hearing.  Has anyone used or heard of Choe and Shrivastava at Mt Sinai in NYC?
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

TheBootMan

Re: Has anyone ever used Dr Choe and Shirivastava at Mt Sinai?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 06:13:17 pm »
When I was first diagnosed with the AR my doctor recommended Doctor Choe. I didn't end up using him (I never ended up meeting with him) because practically everyone else I spoke to recommended Dr. John Roland in NYU. He has done tons of these surgeries and I felt very comfortable with him. He is someone I would at least meet with. Good luck on your search and best of luck on your surgery.

All the best,

Eli

v357139

Re: Has anyone ever used Dr Choe and Shirivastava at Mt Sinai?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:10:23 am »
Thanks I met Roland and I know he is good.  But he recommends translab, and I'd at least like to try and save my 65% hearing.  I know chances are low, but I'd like to at least try.
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!