Author Topic: Symptoms on the other side of the face?  (Read 3994 times)

Ellen K

Symptoms on the other side of the face?
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:19 am »
Hi All - I am watch and wait with a very small tumor and only minimal facial issues, but they sometimes affect the other side of the face.  Is that even possible?  My chin will spasm from sort of below the mouth on both sides, and I have little bits of numbness and very minor ticks on by the lips or nose on the non-AN side of the face.  I've had some facial numbness and lip ticks on the AN side as well, but it almost seems worse on the non-AN side.  Weird, huh?  Any explanation?  Should I be concerned? 
3mm diagnosed December 2010 when I was 45. Very unusual presentation - severe vertigo, then dizziness daily, now just occasional dizziness, but it can be debilitating some days. No hearing loss! But yes to ear fullness and wonky brain. Watch and wait.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Symptoms on the other side of the face?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:12:40 pm »
Hi, Ellen ~

I'm not a doctor and would not presume to offer 'medical' advice but if these facial issues you're experiencing on the opposite side of the AN are worrying you, I would suggest you tell your doctor and seek his professional opinion.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jwporter

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:04:33 am »
I have weird feelings on the lower left side of my chin, almost as if something is there. My tumor was on the left side, and I had facial issues for awhile and still kinda do.

Meshell201

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 10:29:03 am »
I have the same numbness -- eye, cheek, lip, chin and tongue on the AN side.  My AN was diagnosed in February (.5cm--right side) by a local ENT.  The first appointment I could get with a doctor that treats AN's in my area is finally next week.  I've had periodic facial/tongue numbness on the AN side, but over the last month, it has been constant and I have numbness on one or two spots on the left side.  I posted the same question and many replied that they too experienced the same things that I have.   I have a long list of questions for the doctor, but one of the questions at the top of my list is the numbness issue.  I would recommend that you bring it up to your doctor too.  Hope all goes well!