Author Topic: Movement in cheek  (Read 3406 times)

Heresrose

Movement in cheek
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:28:52 am »
I am so excited! Yesterday I noticed a slight movement in my cheek when I smiled. It is definitely there and I can actually control it! This is light in what has been a very dark tunnel for me. I also noticed that when I pucker my lips they're becoming a little more centered and not so far off to the right side.

My face has been sore to the touch in my forehead, brow, side of my nose and chin. Now I'm noticing pain my cheek from the inside of my mouth when I touch it with my tongue.

So I think there is hope for me to get my face back. So relieved that I have hope.

A few weeks ago I decided to stop the acupuncture and physical therapy so I can go back to living my life; glad I did. Communicated with Jackie Deil and she advised to let the facial nerve heal just as you would a broken leg and that nothing should be done for a year.

I have been doing visualization and applying moist heat.

Hope to report more later.

Rose

3.2 x 2.1 x 1.5 partially removed via Translab on 11/28/11 w/Friedman & Schwartz of HEI, SSD, facial nerve intact but have facial paralysis and synkenisis.
3/4/14 MRI shows 3mm AN growth.
AN now is 1.7cm
4/11/14 CK Stanford with Drs. Chang and Gibbs

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: Movement in cheek
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:34:05 am »
There is a light at the end of the tunnel one day at a time...

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »
Hi, Rose ~

I was delighted to read your post and hope your facial movement continues.  Thanks for sharing the wonderful news with us.  Very encouraging!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Heresrose

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »
I will continue to share my progress in the hopes I can help someone else who is in the same situation.

Rose
3.2 x 2.1 x 1.5 partially removed via Translab on 11/28/11 w/Friedman & Schwartz of HEI, SSD, facial nerve intact but have facial paralysis and synkenisis.
3/4/14 MRI shows 3mm AN growth.
AN now is 1.7cm
4/11/14 CK Stanford with Drs. Chang and Gibbs

LakeErie

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 04:18:50 pm »
While not the same situation at all, my cranial nerves number 9 and 10 were affected resulting in vocal cord and swallowing difficulties which began to improve after a few months. At over 5 months from surgery now, I spoke with my surgeon's office yesterday and was told cranial nerve
healing takes from 12 to 18 months. The fact my swallowing and ability to talk has improved so far is an indication that further improvement will occur. I trust your course of facial nerve regeneration will follow suit. Good luck.
4.7 cm x 3.6 cm x 3.2 cm vestibular schwannoma
Simplified retrosigmoid @ Cleveland Clinic 10/06/2011
Rt SSD, numbness, vocal cord and swallowing problems
Vocal cord and swallowing normalized at 16 months. Numbness persists.
Regrowth 09/19/2016
GK 10/12/2016 Cleveland Clinic
facial weakness Jan 2017