Author Topic: Calling on all Atlanta AN'ers!!!!  (Read 14697 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Calling on all Atlanta AN'ers!!!!
« on: May 13, 2008, 08:55:26 am »
Well, I'm flying in to visit with family (northside of town).  Would love to meet some of the local AN'ers to Atlanta, if possible (will also try to reach our dearly missed Brucifer).

will be in town

Wed afternoon arrival, June 4

departing Atlanta
Saturday late afternoon, June 7

So, thoughts of a lunch Thurs or Fri or possible dinner Thursday night?  will be based in Roswell/Alpharetta.

Would love to meet some of the gang, if anyone is interested. Please post here if anyone will be around to meet. Would love to say hi.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

Re: Calling on all Atlanta AN'ers!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:11:00 am »
Hey Phyl,

Sounds great!!  Count me in - pretty sure I'm available anytime while you're here.  Would be great to meet you and some other Atlanta AN'ers!  Any place is also good for me.  Like I mentioned awhile back, I'm right up here in Cumming, practically next door to the ANA office...did try to visit them one day, but they were out and I haven't had a moment to get back by there.

Hope something can be worked out,

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

lori67

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:11:45 pm »
Phyl,  I think you should swing by Nashville on your way! 

You are taking the Forum Moderator Private Jet, right?  Then you can stop anywhere you like!   :D

Don't fall off the chair again, you're going to hurt yourself one of these days.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 03:38:07 pm »
Maybe Phyl can take the Forum Moderator Private Jet to New Jersey in July and party at the shore with me and you, Lori  ;D

Naturally, Jim and Steve are also invited!

(It's always wise to invite Steve - he just loves to buy the drinks)  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 05:37:56 am »
take the private Mod leer jet to scoop you all up? Now, there's a thought! :)

Just a thought, you see.... wish it was reality!

Cindy, would be great to meet you! Not sure if you work during the day... we have Thursday lunch available... or Thursday night... pls lemme know your thoughts on what times/days work.

Lori, so... Nashville, eh? No southern bound trip to ATL anytime soon? *hint-hint*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 12:43:13 pm »
Phyl, I wasn't planning on any trips to Atlanta, but I'll tell you what... you send that jet over here and I'll come!

My aunt lived in Alpharetta for years.  And I loved Atlanta the one time I was there.  What a nice city.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

cindyj

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 03:01:30 pm »
I do work some, but not on Thursday - that's TENNIS DAY - very big here in Atlanta as some of you may know.  But we'll be in between seasons that week, so I won't be playing.  Thursday night would also be fine.  I will work around your schedule since you're trying to visit relatives, etc.  Just let me know when and where.  Hope some others will be able to join us!  If there's anything I can do in advance for you, let me know.

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 04:17:14 pm »
Tennis day - cool  8)

Think I'm going to start that in Illinois!

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 12:15:29 pm »
cindy, so Thursday for lunch works ok? I also sent Brucifer an email.... will try to phone him as well.

Um, I know that there are other Atlanta AN'ers around here, right?

Phyl

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 12:27:36 pm »
Phyl -

I swear that this is the last time I "hijack" this thread and get off topic - unless Lori leads me astray again  ::)

I noticed that you mentioned Brucifer.  At some point, can you give us an update on him?  I miss reading his posts and often wonder how - and what - he's doing. 

Thanks,

Jan

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 01:19:38 pm »
will do Jan.... and stop hijacking, you wench! :)  :-*

cindyj

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 05:41:46 pm »
Yes, Thursday lunch would be great!  Just let me know where.

Can't wait to meet you...and, hopefully, some other Atlanta folks.

Cindy
feeling great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 05:51:05 am »
Cindy,

Thursday lunch would be great! Not as familiar with places around Peachtree Ind or Jimmy Carter Blvd, etc at I-85 but thought that area would be a good meeting point, unless you want... I can drive further up I-85.

I know there are others in the area... "come out, come out wherever you are....." :)

Phyl

Kaybo

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 05:57:51 am »
Phyl~
Don't you have any relatives in the High Plains of Texas?  It is a tourist hot spot -- I can't believe you haven't planned a vacation here!!!!   ;)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 01:42:55 pm »
um, isn't that where the dustbowl is? ;)

Ah, I hear it's a lovely vacation spot.... with live cowboys... cattle... and rumor has it there is this loverly Bed/Breakfast... Chez Circle K or sumptin like that.... great food from what I hear... and with live, short peeps entertainment filled with piano and dancing! ;)

Must call corporate travel agent to see if she can get me bargain air fares... the ANA locked down the corp leer jet after the last soiree...er... flight I took.... I'm still paying them back for the fuel usage! ;)

Phyl