Author Topic: What are AN people doing for a joyous Christmas Eve and Day?  (Read 14177 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: What are AN people doing for a joyous Christmas Eve and Day?
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2006, 10:45:51 pm »
cakes

GREAT to see you!!!!!!!  Happy holidays to you!  :)

Just flew back........ rough jetlag...... off to sleep... hope everyone enjoyed their holidays thus far!

*yawns, heads falls forward on keyboard.... *

ow!

xoxox
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

marystro

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2006, 12:23:52 am »
Christmas Eve:

We went to the pageant show that Alex was in as a shepard.  This is his third Christmas pageant and will probably be his last.  He said mom I am getting too old to be with the little ones in the pageant show.  I guess being eight is considered "too old" in his mind.  Hmmmm...  We then went to my best friend's house for Christmas eve dinner party.  Kristin went with me to Stanford for my first consult.  She's solid as a rock when it comes to health crisis.  Her husband is such a great cook - prime rib, yorkshire pudding, home made walnut pie, pumpkin pies, cookies, etc.  Her neighbor even brought home made tamales.  Champaigne, wine, egg nog and hot apple cider.  I am still full just writing about it!!!  I think I gained all the weight that I lost from not eating for a week when I found out about my acoustic neuroma!  ;D Went home around 11 pm and started wrapping presents after Alex went to bed at midnight.  I think I saw Santa doing his fly-by...

Christmas Day:

Alex woke up at 7 am and came into our room asking if he could open presents.  Husband left a note saying "Do not open presents until mom is up with the camera".  Presents opened.  Christmas music in the background.  Camera and camcorder running.  Big breakfast with french toasts, fresh pineapple, orange juice, bacon, the works.  Started duty as assistant lego builder of the Black Pearl - only 870 pieces!!!  Lord, who invented legos?  Big lesson learned - Never put the pieces on wood floor when you have a ragdoll cat who likes to play ice hockey with them!  Has anyone ever stepped on those tiny pieces barefooted?  Not pretty. ;)  Big turkey dinner with all the trimmings.  Toast to everyone and best wishes to all our health!!!  Then we all went ice skating at the Hotel del Coronado's outdoor skating ring on the beach watching the gorgeous sunset on the Pacific Ocean feeling really, really blessed about finding this forum and making all the good friends here.  Peace on earth and good will to men!!!

Hope all your Christmas Eves and Days were full of love, peace and joy as mine.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Mary

« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 01:31:44 am by marystro »
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2006, 04:32:35 am »
 :)

Mary,

"Wow," you are an interesting writer.  That was beautiful!  Thank you for sharing your lovely day.

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

matti

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2006, 10:02:52 am »
Mary - Lego's were a part of my decor for many years and Yes! I was also an assistant lego builder as well and found it very relaxing. I miss those days :'(   A few months ago, my son who is 23 and his girlfriend came for a visit and wanted me to get the Lego's out of the attic so they could build stuff. Apparently it is still the cool thing to do LOL

Your Chirstmas sounded wonderful, thank you for posting it. (I am drooling over your delicious menu)

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2006, 02:01:36 pm »
 ;)

HIGH NOON........AND ABOUT EIGHT HOURS OF NO POWER.  GOTTA GET OFF.......AND UNPLUG!  (generator helping me post this)  No telling when we will have power.......it could be days.  I hope a huge redwoods or something doesn't come down on the house.  Please appoint one of the "head spam removers" to take over.....and everyone post their toast; no telling if I can participate online NYE.  If not, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE and please get online before or after your libation on Sunday, and let us know what you are drinking.  (and when you are proposing that big TOAST OUT)  I hope I can join you all online.  If I can't, I'm here trying to toast this year OUT.  LOL  I might start tonight with this big storm.

Hugs,

Palace
single sided deafness

matti

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2006, 02:46:25 pm »
Palace - I have been worried about you, as this storm really packed a punch last night, especially for you. The winds in my area have been quite scary and I have huge redwoods that are swaying a little too much for my liking. I will give you a call this weekend and check back in with you. Stay safe!! Hope the doggies are not too scared.

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2006, 04:17:11 pm »
Oh no, storm for you guys now!!!  I didn't know that...we had ours and most everyone's power was back on until last night when we had an unexpected Splenda storm...weird for us!!!!   Stay safe my Northern California friends!

BTW, I have my Harry Potter legos proudly displayed.  I love legos.  You're never too old for them, and they never had such cool ones when I was a kid. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

cookiesecond

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2006, 09:12:47 pm »
I love Christmas!!!!
This year was a little different for us, as we came home Thanksgiving from my 25 year old daughter's craniotomy to remove a blood clot. We were 2 hours away in the hospital for about 6 weeks.We have a lot to be thankful for as always. We tried to keep things as NORMAL as possible.I don't leave her very long at the time and someone has to stay with her.
I made candy and goodies but I just paced myself.I love making homeade goodies.
Ever since our girls were small, we sit at the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve and read the Christmas story, give thanks for all God has done for us in that year and after prayer, we open gifts.This year Tamara sat in a chair but we did it!!!
Christmas morning we go to my parents and open gifts and have dinner. We move a little slower but we had a blessed Christmas.I am so glad we can share these great times with each other. You guys are a great bunch and I am thankful for each one of you.
Have a blessed and Healthy 2007,
Lynn

PS We starrted Christmas eve and my mother-in-law's. We open gifts with that side and have coffee and cake.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2006, 06:47:00 am »
 ;)

Hello:

What a beautiful story!  That is a "Christmas Story," for sure.  You have such *meanful* memories.  You sound like a DEEP PERSON and appreciate life to the fullest.  That was nice of you to type all that and share it with us.  Bless your heart!  Happy New Year to you and your family!

Hugs,

Palace  :)
single sided deafness

kerri lyn angel

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2006, 12:32:28 pm »
well it sounds as if most of you had beautiful christmasses. that makes me happy. mine was not actually as bad as i thought it would be. my hub and i were supposed to be alone . first christmas without our kids and family being we moved out of state. i was getting ready to feel real sad and cry alot on that day but, god is good and low and behold my brother in-law, paul who works trackman for the city of ny and was supposed to work the night of christmas eve got there and wasnt on. so he, being alone too for christmas, hopped on a bus and came to pa for christmas! yay :D. it really made me happy.we  killed a few beers, had a big breakfast christmas morn, he took a long ride around the beautiful countryside with his brother we all went out to a nice dinner and then put him on a bus back to ny to go to work christmas night. we had a nice time and it really kept my SAD at bay! it really was a blessing for paul too as his family moved to fla in the spring and he only sees them once in awhile until he can retire and move with them. before you knew it it was all over and blissfully alot less nasty than i had anticipated. god is good!
large an removed june 1, 2005 14.5 hour trans lab surgery permenantly disabled but breathing

Crystaldo

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 09:34:07 pm »
Only few days left before Christmas. I am so excited to celebrate this Christmas because I am going home with my family. My aunt is going to be with us and her AN won’t hinder her to celebrate life. We are planning to light up some candles and offer our prayers on the eve of Christmas to make it more symbolical and memorable. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:21:37 am by Crystaldo »