Author Topic: Feedback on the BAHA  (Read 1493 times)

dsuvb12

Feedback on the BAHA
« on: January 03, 2008, 11:47:42 am »
Can I get feedback from people that have the BAHA.  I receive my processor in about 3 weeks and am curious to hear about the changes I will be having with my hearing.
4.6cmm tumor pressing on the brain stem--removed 7/24/07
Right facial paralysis, loss of hearing in right ear
Gold weight in right eye
BAHA Implant
Dr. Gary Moore was ENT and Dr. Long was neurosurgeon both of Omaha, NE
Had two scar revisions due to staph infection and suture allergy--Dr. Johnso

cheza

• I must be strong, this thing is beating me
    • facebook
Re: Feedback on the BAHA
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 05:58:42 pm »

your question, but, I have just left some questions about the BAHA for lori, I'm hoping she can answer them as she has had one fitted and I am going to discuss it with my doctors in march, if you look on humor with AN post my question to lori is on there, keep checking the post for answers.

I hope this helps

Thanks Cheryl XxX  :-*
diagnosed 4th Oct 07 with a 3cm left acoustic neuroma,
surgery 9th Nov 07, age 30 at time of surgery,
total hearing loss to left ear, grade 6 facial palsay (getting better)
latest MRI shows regrowth on facial nerve.

Pembo

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 12:40:38 pm »
I've had my BAHA for 2 years now. Don't expect that all of a sudden your hearing will be back. I've found that the BAHA helps but it isn't like the real thing. The best way I can descibe it is this: If I'm wearing it, I have to check to see that it's there. However if I forget it...I really notice it! Hope that makes sense.....

My biggest reason for getting the baha was the car. I'm right sided deaf and driving in the car with my kids trying to talk to me from the back seat was impossible for me to hear them.  Now we can have great conversations.

Enjoy.........
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 09:02:34 am »
I have aids and it is the same thing for me. In a large setting I do not think they are working until the battery goes dead then I  notice the difference. My tumor was on the left so I like to drive vs being a passenger.  ;D