Author Topic: Supplements can affect AN symptoms, Tinnitus  (Read 12189 times)

rntiggergirl

Re: Supplements can affect AN symptoms, Tinnitus
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 02:36:21 pm »
Hi
I feel very lucky to have very little tinnitus!!! However, I believe it is the Niacin, which is a B vitamin that helps with tinnitus. I believe House Ear has a Niacin protocol for tinnitus? I read something about it while sitting in the treatment room one day????   

Hope this helps someone.
Take care
Cheryl

Obita

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 05:29:26 pm »
Day 2 of B vitamins for me.  If I am going to notice a difference in the volume of my constant companion, what is anyones guess for seeing improvement?  A week, month?  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Sheryl

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 05:48:23 pm »
I have slight tinnitus in my right ear - the side that the tumor is on.  Ironically it is NOT an acoustic neuroma (8th cranial nerve) as mine is on the 9th cranial nerve and should affect my swallowing (my weight can attest to no problem with that), gag reflex, and hoarseness.  The tinnitus is liveable but my husband has it in both ears and it is extreme.  He has tried everything and, in fact, is on large quantities of Niacin for cholesterol.  The only thing that helped was when he was fitted for hearing aids last April.  They were the type that had to be molded and then fit completely in the canal.  He said it was remarkable.  Unfortunately he had many other problems that that type of aid and has since been switched to a different type that does not mask his tinnitus as well.
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

antoinette

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 06:10:44 pm »
Thank you Sheryl.
I do not have much time to search the Net and rarely can get to a computer, even my own.
I suppose it may mention the benefits of B-complex, but usually it is to sell their own assortment of pills. And I do not trust Net vending for some reasons. if you think we are not being cheated, let me know.
antoinette

antoinette

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 06:19:38 pm »
Hi kathy,
Hi, I can't tell how long it took as i am not consistent in my supplement taking, even my only beta blocker is hard to remember each day and I don't think it has ever been taken at the same time of each day as recommended.
I started to take a bit of B-50 last year in the summer after a bout of depression. Anti-depressants make me sick, spaced-out and dizzier than I can cope with.
An old health food store manager told me about the B-complex and B-50. It worked very fast on the depression, In about 5 days I was back to normal. So I stopped the B-50.
I took some each times i felt down or tired, it may be good for it but it is only this summer that I decided to put myself back in shape and i bought the one-a-day and the glucosamine is truly a miracle for me. Without IT I can't walk, move, sit and get-up. I might just as well stop living. I hope i will avoid the dreadful hip surgery. Most people are happy with it, but a few are not and when this happened it is "Good-bye, joy of living".
Count on 2 or 3 months at the most, although I hear the difference in a couple of days, when i stop, and when I resume taking the tablets.
antoinette

Obita

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 06:33:38 pm »
Antoinette:

Thanks for the info on the vit. B -

What is wrong with your hips if I might ask?  I had both of mine replaced Aug. and Oct. of '04 - I feel like 20 again and I am 52.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

antoinette

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 07:34:21 pm »
Hi Sue,
I wanted to experiment completely. my Tinnitus was already high 3 days ago after stoping all the goodies. I meant to take them at night to test if it makes a difference.
instead, I deprived myself a few days longer. Could you hear my tinnitus from where you are? Where are you anyway?
So today I took the vitamins and glucosamine but changed the calcium for something much stronger. I always needed calcium, all my life and neglected it! This time I may go overboard, But.. surprise the tinnitus has gone a tiny bit down. i didn't sleep more than 2 hours last night it was so loud. And I had cramps in my legs, I felt cold. Lets see what happen to night and tomorrow.
The calcium I take comes from Costco too, as "caramel candies". Really loaded!
It was a gorgeous day to day again and i did a bit of yard cleaning. I will force myself to do more to morrow. I will miss it soon.
Thanks for the hug, and a big one from me too.
antoinette

matti

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 08:42:53 pm »
I am on my 3rd day of no caffeine. I am doing this for other health issues, but if it lessens the intense noise in my head, all the better.
I am a huge diet coke, tea and chocolate addict. I can't believe the withdrawls I am going through, I am having horrible headaches, my energy level is at zero and my muscles ache. Amazing how caffeine affects the body.

I will take your advice and add B vitamins, let's hope the bell ringers in my head quiet down.

Thanks Antoinette!!

cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 09:31:02 pm »
Cheryl,

Keep us posted on how you feel. How long it takes you to detox off caffine. I tried to about a month ago, after the 4the day, I had to have my excederine (has caffine) and some coffee. I have it down to one large cup a day instead of 3 and I don't do cokes , tea, and chocolae only occassionally. I do feel I need to get off the caffine to see if it helps the tinnitus and headaches so I will be anxious to hear how it goes for you. The caffine does not seem to increase the intensity of the tinnitus though.
Good Luck
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 03:30:05 pm »
Hi
Taking the Vitamin B50 but haven't noticed any difference in the  noise level. Actually thought it was louder yesterday and this morning. But, I will continue with the B anyway, because it's supposed to be good for nerves, so maybe it'll help with something besides the  noise level.   I keep anticipating my symptoms to get worse since my AN might get bigger from the GK before it gets smaller again.  So, it's kind of like I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall.  And maybe it won't ever do that.  Who knows. This is a strange thing, I tell ya...strange indeed.
 :P

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 03:55:01 pm »
You're taking the wrong stuff. "Manganese" is the supplement you should try. It supposedly reduces tinnitus. Look it up on the net.

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.