Author Topic: Ice Cream Headache????  (Read 1321 times)

Melissa778

Ice Cream Headache????
« on: August 27, 2008, 12:50:31 pm »
Hello All, I've had some "strange" symptoms lately and as always I'm lookign for some insight......

I had translab in May and they left behind around 1cm which is on my facial nerve.  My recovery overall has been smooth, I'm back to work and all normal activities.  However, suddenly over the last two weeks I have had these awful headaches.  They're almost like "icre cream" headaches or a "brain freeze".....I get this awful stabbing pain in my head and eye, on the AN side, that lasts around an hour or so, makes me feel yucky and just in general "not right".  They seem to come and go all day, and night, long.  I finally gave in and called the doc today and I see him on Tues.  My general feeling is it must not be too serious if they're having me wait until Tues.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar??  Also, I have had alot of facial pain, numbness, and twitching....which are all new symptoms for me.  I've been very lucky so far to not have had any facial issues.....and I'm hoping this is not a lead in to some new issues to come.

I certainly appreciate any input :)

Melissa (screen name formerly daydreamer, now melissa778)
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Ice Cream Headache????
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 01:36:53 pm »
Melissa,

That has been my life for the past 2 years.  Just know you are not alone.  I wish a had a magic wand and could wave it over all of us so no one has to go through this.  This week has been really brutal for myself as well.  I have a call into my Dr office and seeing as they are only there until 4:00pm I guess it will be tomorrow before my call is returned.

Take care,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:17:42 am »
Hi Melissa- so sorry to hear you are having this weird pain!  I haven't had anything that sharp, but I do have pain pretty much daily on the side of my face near my ear.  I'm seeing my docs in a couple of weeks so will ask them about it then.  It is not unberable, and most days Aleve or Advil keeps it at bay - annoying, though, and a constant reminder that I don't need!  (Especially since my droopy face staring back at me in the mirror is reminder enough!)

Please post and let us know what the doc says, okay?

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:00:31 pm »
Hi Melissa.

I haven't had any headaches to speak of since my surgery, but I will say, I'd be very angry if I got ice cream headaches without having eaten any ice cream!  That's just not fair!   >:(

I hope the doctor can find a simple solution for you!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.