Author Topic: did anyone have translab/retrosig combination??  (Read 2910 times)

cceekkoo11

did anyone have translab/retrosig combination??
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:00:33 pm »
Talked to team Leonetti / Anderson today, and they told me something surprising, their opinion is that i need combination of retrosig and translab. Did anyone have that done? How did you feel after surgery? 

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Re: did anyone have translab/retrosig combination??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:46:46 pm »
I did. My tumor is deep with the CPA and well-attached to the artery. Because of this, and the dogged determination of my surgeons, my surgery was 32 hours long to remove between 90-95% of the tumor. I spent six days with a breathing tube and a total of two weeks in ICU. 10 weeks later I was back to work. Two years later when it was established the tumor was growing, I underwent radiation. I'm coming up on four years post-surgery and doing wonderfully well.

I did have some problems along the way. These were tied to the length of surgery and trauma to the nerves. Most these problems are gone.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

cceekkoo11

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 02:51:50 am »
I know that this is very individual but did you have any post operative headaches? Did they use titanium plate to close it?

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:18:35 am »
no headaches of note. During the first two months there some, but easily handled with acetaminophen. Headaches since are rare and just typical headaches that anyone might get on occasion.

No titanium plate, just belly fat.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.