Author Topic: Well, it's been a while since I've been here!  (Read 2487 times)

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
Well, it's been a while since I've been here!
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:35:20 am »
I had my AN out in May 1999.  I made some friends here, without whom I don't know if I'd have made it as well as I did.

I've been very fortunate.  No big facial issues.  Tinnitus is CONSTANT.  Deaf in side operated on.  Balance was not great prior to surgery, and didn't improve but didn't worsen. 
I am, however, a human barometer.  I live in the midwest, so that's fun.   :P 
I get a lot of pressure migraines. 

I became a wife in late 1999, and I became a mother in 2003 to the light of our lives.  A WONDERFUL child who is easy. 
God said:  "Hey, she's old and had a hole in her head...  I'll give her a break."   ::) 

I've been checking in here for years, even posted.  My old screen name didn't work so I signed on with this new one.
This is SUCH a nice board!  Our old one was soooo different.  I loved it though!

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello, and see how my fellow friends were.
I pray daily for all of you.
You'll see me posting around!  :)
Love,
Victoria

PS  Forgot to add this part:

I've been having CRUSHING headaches lately.  I went into the hospital for a 3 day DHE treatment.  Anyone as far out as me having those kinds of migraines still?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:11:08 am by Victoriah1999 »

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
Re: Well, it's been a while since I've been here!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:54:20 am »
Thanks for reading, y'all!   :)

beancounter

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 12:37:25 pm »
Hi Victoriah

I'm new here (whoopie) and have found a wonderful group of caring people who are informed and interested in all of us who have many issues ranging from fear to trepidation (lol) and everything in between. 

Congratulations on your marriage, your baby (best thing that could ever happen to anyone, hands down) and here's hoping your headaches resolve.

Good luck and God bless.
Newly diagnosed 3x2 mm .... waiting to see what my options are

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 12:46:28 pm »
Hi Victoriah

I'm new here (whoopie)

OMGosh!  That made me laugh so much!  A great sense of humor is exactly the ticket for this quagmire we all find ourselves in.
  MUCH good luck to you.

Love,
Vic

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 02:44:35 pm »
Hi, Victoria: 

Welcome back!

I wasn't around on your original visits (1999) but I'm glad you decided to post again.  Although I'm sorry you're experiencing such terrible headaches, and I hope they can be alleviated very soon, I'm pleased to read that your life has taken a positive direction.  Very belated congratulations on your marriage and baby (now a toddler).  Your surgery was obviously successful (even with the all-too-common tinnitus and balance issues).  The fact that you went on to live what appears to be a full and rewarding life is inspirational. 

Thank you for taking the time and effort to re-register and post.  I assure you it is appreciated.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 03:20:16 pm »
Aw, thanks Jim!  :D  You really ARE a hero member aren't you! 

For anyone reading this that is new or fairly new:

You will not only survive, you will THRIVE.  Though I've experienced some down times, they really add up to nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Even on my worst day I thank God for the gift he gives me of waking up every day.  Even if you don't feel like you ever get to that point, I assure you, you will.  YOU WILL.

As always, thanks for being a soft place for my wonky lil head to fall.  :)
Love,
Vic

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 07:47:01 pm »
Hi Victoria and welcome back! :)  As you can see, things have certainly changed around here and so far, the feedback has been "for the better" :)  If you need help moseying around the new place, just let any of us know... if there are old threads you seek, check out the "Archives" as you may spot posts in there.

I'm sorry to hear you are having the rotten migraines. Hang in there.. and as you already know, you are certainly not alone. 

Welcome back!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"