Author Topic: Vomiting again  (Read 2626 times)

bern

Vomiting again
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:26:08 am »
I went to my gastro for an endoscopy and my gut is pristine. I get dizzy, vertigo, and then I throw up. I had it under control for a week. Now it is back and I can't work because after vomiting I need to sleep. 

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Vomiting again
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:51:01 am »
Bern -

I'm not a doctor, but IMO the vomiting is related to the dizziness and the vertigo.  Can your doctor give you something to treat these symptoms?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:21:14 am »
Hi Bern,

In checking your posting history, I see you had GK back in July.  Now, this would be the time of potential edema and such and I have to ask... do they have you on any steriods (ie: Decadron)?  did they give you any post treatment?  I see in earlier posts you were having vomiting issues early on post-GK as well. Please follow up with your GK docs and tell them that this has been an on-going issue and if there is any correllation to post-GK edema. Please keep us updated if they feel it's related or not....

I hope you feel better REAL soon!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

robinstwo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 04:19:03 pm »
I know about the vomiting and vertigo.  I had it for 2 months straigt and it kept me bedridden.  Had medicine to treat the symptoms, Diazepam, Reglan,for nausea.  I was vomiting up to three times a day.  Used scopolamine trans derm patch for the dizzies.  Once I had my surgery all that went away.  My AN was pressing on the brain stem which caused my symptoms.
2.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/15/08
Translab Surgery 8/7/08, Emory Univ Hosp, Atlanta, GA, Dr Olson & Dr Maddox
Face and tounge not working right now.  Speech issues too.

bern

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 03:03:38 pm »
I have celiac disease which in itself only allows me to eat once a day.  I told my doctors about vomiting. They do not believe it is from the gamma knife treatment. I know it is. Why do they not believe me.  I am getting worse.  Does more loss of hearing, louder ringing, and pain mean my tumor is growing?

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:31:08 am »
Bern -

I'm not a doctor and I didn't have GK (chose surgery) but from what I recall my neurotologist told me that it sometimes takes anywhere from 6 to 18 months to see the side effects from GK.   As with most things "AN" everyone is different.

So I'm thinking you're experiencing side effects not growth, but maybe another MRI would put your mind at ease.  I know you mentioned on another thread that you aren't satisfied with your doctor and the answers you are getting.  Perhaps if you do find another doctor, he/she can order another MRI.

Hang in there,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways