Author Topic: Sex during recovery.  (Read 18041 times)

kraynok2

Re: Sex during recovery.
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 02:07:46 pm »
K,
  I loved your story  ;D  I had actually done a search on this after my surgery and there was a thread on here from long ago.  Most people said to check with the doctor.  I think a lot say to wait 6 weeks like with other surgeries.
Sandy

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 04:53:58 am »
Phyl~
you are just watching it because you KNOW it will give you some laughs... ;D ;D ;D ;D

K   ;D

OH, I'm getting those, trust me! :)

My understanding is to avoid the "brain strain" but unsure for how long.  Since each surgery is unique to each AN'er, please follow dr's orders when it comes to this topic.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 07:21:40 am »
Well, I'm glad the other 2/3 of the trio chimed in with some witty things to say, because I'm at a loss here.  Yes, it's true - happens even to "wordy" Jan every now and then ;D

When I was diagnosed with my AN, sex was THE last concern I had.  Probably says a lot about me - but there were just so many other issues in my life at the time. 

I had just been granted sole physical and legal custody of my children, been through a long, costly, nasty divorce, and ended my marriage of almost 22 years.  I thought my life was going to get better - and instead I was told I had a tumor in my head  :o

My biggest concern was would the tumor kill me - in other words, was it cancerous - and my second thought was how am I going to emotionally, physically, and financially support two 10 year-olds (that incidentally the stork didn't bring) if I don't come out of this "intact".

Looking back now, I wish one of my main concerns would have been how soon can I have sex.

So to those who find this a big question, ask your doctor - and more power to ya!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 01:53:00 am »
I'm surprized so many didn't have it addressed by their doctors. I know my doctor definately told me in my hospital discharge info.. I wonder what that says about me?!  ???

Anyway, I was told 6 weeks. In reality... 4.
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 12:55:53 pm »
I don't remember feeling the urge after my main surgery...probably due to csf leak, but I was pregnant one month after my CSF leak surgery!!

Jacqui
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

kzanana

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 10:56:01 pm »
Well now I know truth and only hope my husband does not check this post !!!!  No, really !!  :)   Seriously, I think each one is different. With my head pain "it" was the furthest thing from my mind and most days still is. I do have to say,my head is killing me right now because of all the laughter :) Sometimes it is the best medicine and tonight the pain was worth it. Better not let my husband see that either :)

lori67

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 06:10:05 am »
kz -

After my surgery, I bought a shirt that says "Not tonight dear, I had a craniotomy". (that cafepress website has a whole section of brain surgery stuff - very funny!).  I wore it when I had my 7/12 surgery - the nurses got a good laugh.  Almost as good as the shirt I wore in the hospital after my AN surgery that just said "Balance" on the front.  Gotta entertain the staff.   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 06:15:25 am »
Aren't you the super-funny one, Lori!?!  Too bad I didn't think of anything like that...wonder if they would've had that back in the dark ages when I had surgery?

Although I am still not sure about whether this was a legit question or not, it sure has been fun...   ::)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Brewers7

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 01:50:39 pm »
I think it was a fair question.  But thanks for giving this ol' girl some giggles.  Susan
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 11:51:02 am »
I got some written info on my up and coming nose job and there is to be NO sexual activity for a minimum of 2 weeks after surgery.  Also no bending and no lifting so; I guess laundry, cooking, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting are out of the question.  WINNING  >:D  Oh what a girl will do to out of her domestic duties!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

lori67

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 06:48:09 pm »
Anne Marie,

Maybe you can cross out the 2 and change it to 4 weeks.   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 09:02:15 pm »
Just spotted this thread and what a hoot. we have some raunchy women on this forum i must say!

Down under, we don't worry about the pain, we just go for it! Must be all those Tim Tams - extra special side effects those Tim Tams have.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 07:03:10 am »
we have some raunchy women on this forum i must say!

Now, now.  No need to call Kaybo, Lori, and Phyl names LOL

Jan  >:D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 10:42:20 am »
Oh, whoops...what's this I tripped over? 

Oh, just Jan's halo....again..... :P

Lori :P