Author Topic: Retreatment for failed radiosurgery  (Read 5369 times)

jamie

Re: Retreatment for failed radiosurgery
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 06:33:46 pm »
Thanks Kilroy, that's pretty much what I was looking for. :)
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

flagger

Re: Retreatment for failed radiosurgery
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 07:15:34 pm »
Hi
  I've access to and there are archives as to numerous Tx failures for all radiation types. This is true for surgery also. It would seem disengenuous to copy and paste the lengthy reports, posts, and email to the forum. A friend has a CD full of reported FSR failure postings from the old ANA list serve. The person saves everything!
  Seems realistic any facility/Dr.wants to report stats in favorable light.
  I feel part of the problem is however, the defined criteria for an irradiation success and the lack of accountability of reported stats to ANY agency of those who provide either surgery or radiation.
  Maybe ask the Drs to prove their claims?
  Take care!
   Russ
Hi Russ,  Please do not be too hard on this approach for many of us who received radiation it was a total success and we have just gotten on with our lives.  My 2.4 cc AN had Stereotactic Radiosurgery in 2000 and I never skipped a beat with my life.  I have not returned to post any support for others and I am sorry for this.  All I can say is that it was a total success for me and I encourage anyone making a treatment choice to consider this input also. K