Author Topic: Mouth pain??  (Read 2600 times)

briansmome

Mouth pain??
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:51:23 pm »
2 weeks post GK today and am experiencing a lot of burning mouth pain. Food and drink seem to excerbate the issue. Developed thrush while taking steroids, but that has been resolved. This burning in my tongue and gums just won't quit, however. Has anyone else experienced this?
4.2 cm cerebellopontine angle tumor; resected 6/09. About 20% remains; last MRI showed no subsequent growth :) Stroke during surgery; dealing with after effects of that but better every day!

Gloria Nailor

feel better
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 08:25:10 am »
I'm having my GK treatment at the end of this month and have read up a lot about side effects, that is no one I have heard of.  But with acoustics, who knows! Everyone seems to have different issues with treament.  Feel better!
4/2011 diagnosed with 3 cm AN on right side
6/15/2011 retrosigmoid craniotomy which resulted in SSD, severe facial paralysis
7/2011 gold weight placed right eye lid
5/2012 tarsorrpapny right eye
6/2012 woke up with a smile
1/2013 cranioplasty because a screw came out of my head!
6-7/13 regrowth, GK

robinb

Re: Mouth pain??
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:20:55 pm »
You should check in w/your doc. Haven't come across that side effect.
AN Diagnosed 11-2012 right side
13mm x 7.2 mm
Gamma Knife 1/24/13
UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford
Officially a postie toastie!
See my treatment journal at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18291.0

nftwoed

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:32:41 pm »
Some have burning mucous membranes from thrush. Candida Albacans can affect some pretty severely. Nystatin swish and swallow does coat and help if Dr. wants to Rx it.

nftwoed

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 05:38:37 pm »
Hi Brian;
   I have episodic thrush from different reasons, but there has occurred burning and very minor bleeding during flare ups and for a time after.
   Death of the fungi brings a die off period with almost as severe Sxs as the original thrush. If the fungi is truly completely dead, die off can last as many as 10 days, to my knowledge.
   Severe Candida can really do a number on people's health and left untreated, can go systemic, and be 40 to 50% fatal ( not common ) as it invades organ systems.
   If Dr. gives meds, don't forget your probiotics, yogurt, sweet acidolfilous milk also. Thrush is a definitive sign you were, at a point, immunocompromised as some Candida is normal in every human. It's part of our normal digestive flora and fauna.