Author Topic: Surgery ---- Shands Hosptial----1 week later  (Read 3377 times)

ghenier27

Surgery ---- Shands Hosptial----1 week later
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:25:19 pm »
Hello to all my friends, It is hard to believe it has been just 1 week since my surgery! I am doing unbelieveable. I am walking outside on my second day home. Fours days later I am riding in the car. I had my surgery and I was held in recovery for almost 3 days. They couldn't find a room for me. I was like everyone says- very sick on the stomich and that is being kind when I say that. My tumor was imbeded in the bone but they got it all, and with no facial issues to speak of. I also lost 26 pounds as well, not much on eating. I consider this all to me a blessing for me and that that God was doing some wonderful work here. I get my stitches out this thursday! I just cann't tell you how fast this recovery is going. I am going to try to post photos at some point. My scared is about 10-12 inches long. And I am down to 2  1/2 pain tablets per day. My vision is also good and I have been trying to catch up on my tv shows. Many thanks for all your prayers. I promise to let you know more later. Debi
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:29:01 pm by ppearl214 »

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Surgery ---- Shands Hosptial----1 week later
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:28:44 pm »
Debi

it is with extreme pleasure that I move this post/thread to the "Post Treatment" forum, as you are now... a ..... POSTIE! :) Well done!  Congrats and let's just get you well!

speedy recovery to you .... sounds like you are on that path! :)

Well done!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kiwi Don

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:37:37 pm »
Hi Debi,

Glad to have you back, sounds like all is going really well, remember to take those breaks and keep us informed.

All the best for your continuing speedy recovery

Don
24July09 Diagnoised with Left AN 2.0cm x 1.9cm
Translab Scheduled 7April10

"Received the Ticket, Boarded the Train, and now the Journey has begun??"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 02:44:00 pm »
Hi, Debbi - and congratulations on your successful AN surgery and brisk recuperation!  I'm thrilled when I learn about these great recoveries following successful AN surgery.  While every AN surgery patient doesn't have an identical experience, your 'AN journey' is turning out to be inspirational.  Well done - but don't push yourself into a set-back.  It can happen.  Rest as needed.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 03:57:38 pm »
YIPPY, Debbi!!! 

I am so excited to hear that you are doing so well.  You are such a trooper to march through this with such strength and such a fantastic attitude to boot.  I agree with Jim that your experience is positively inspirational.  Here's to a speedy recovery!   ;D

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Vivian B.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 04:29:49 pm »
Hi Debbi,

What a great success story and recovery. It must be great to have it over with. Keep up the speedy recovery.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 07:50:52 pm »
Debi -

great to hear from you - and so soon, too  ;D

Sounds like things are going very well for you - but don't forget to get plenty of rest and don't overdo it.

Welcome to the land of posties!!  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 06:20:03 am »
Debbi,

Glad to see you have posted and doing very, very well!  Many blessings to you and much success to you in the future. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

moe

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 12:29:54 pm »
Wow Debi!
You rocked it! Now just continue the slow easy pace with lots of rests/fluids/gentle walks.
You'll know when you over do it.
Congratulations!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 11:56:44 pm »
YAY!!!  Just saw this now, and I'm so happy for you Debi!  SOOOOOOOO glad that you have that behind you, and all went well.  I hope you continue to heal so well.

Wonderful!

Adrienne
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!