Author Topic: Walk4Hearing - Chicago  (Read 1819 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Walk4Hearing - Chicago
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:24:37 am »
This year I have decided to participate in the HLAA's (Hearing Loss Association of America) Walk4Hearing in Chicago.

Any funds I raise will be split between the HLAA and the Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Pediatric Audiology program. 

I had my AN surgery @ Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, and the director of the pediatric audiology program is the neurotologist who did both my AN and my BAHA surgeries.

I've been donating to this wonderful program for a couple of years now - and despite my recent job loss, hope to be able to continue my donations.

I know what it was like being totally SSD for 9 months prior to my BAHA implant and I can't even imagine what it's like to be (or to have) a child who is unilaterally or bilaterally deaf.   My BAHA has been a Godsend in my life and the BAHAs and Cochlear Implants that the children get through this program will be Godsends to them.

Here is a link if anyone is interested in donating http://hlaa.convio.net/site/TR/Teamraiser/2010ChicagoWalk?px=1486014&pg=personal&fr_id=1730

Appreciate it,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ksiwek

Re: Walk4Hearing - Chicago
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:01:36 pm »
I donated today!  Thank you for stepping up to raise funds and awareness for those of us with hearing disabilities...

I would love to do this the next go 'round!  It just happens to fall the week after my BAHA surgery and will be hard to swing that many trips down to Chicago!

Good Luck!

Kris
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Walk4Hearing - Chicago
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:49:28 am »
Thanks Kris - and everyone else who's donated so far.

The HLAA has walks in most major cities annually during the spring and fall.

I don't know how far you are from Milwaukee, Kris, but they held one there in May which means they will be having one there next May.

The HLAA is a great organization.  If you visit their main site you can sign up for newsletters and other info. that is very helpful.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways