Author Topic: burning sensation  (Read 2731 times)

reg

burning sensation
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:06:08 pm »
i read on another thread that we should be grateful to survive this an journey and i am, but i stilll have complaints about feelings associated with this bogger.  i ve posted before or complained about symptoms to a get extent  ;) well iam trying to describe another one which is that my face feels like its on fire (expecially around lip region), also feels swollen with pressure constantly.  ive posted that i have a heaveyness in head and i have read your replies and i appreciate them.  ???does anyone have this sensation ???
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: burning sensation
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12:16 pm »
Yes....most especially right after I had my GK treatment.  I felt like I had a sunburn.  That trigeminal nerve just doesn't like being messed with.  If your treatment is recent, it might subside. If it has been going on awhile, you might talk with a neurologist, like I just did.  I have a Rx for Gabapentin, which is supposed to help the nerves settle down.  But there are side effects...and I am mulling the pros and cons of taking this medicine.  Best of luck to you.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

JoyNJ

Re: burning sensation
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 09:17:08 pm »
I finished 5 weeks of fractionated radiation on Dec 18, and within a few days began to have that hot lip feeling along with the sensation of a red-hot wire lying just under my bottom eye lid (where you would put eye liner).  Sometimes it all connects into one hot mess! Sometimes it is just the eye, or the lip and sometimes my gums above my right front teeth hurt.  And there is a bit of numbness.  I had a course of Decadron (steroids) for 3 weeks that stopped yesterday due to muffled hearing at the end of my treatments.  So I am waiting to see if the nerve pain gets worse in the next few days.  If I yawn really big, it seems to trigger the pain as does the cold air hitting my face.  I'm not too concerned at this time, but if it gets worse I will be going back to the doc to see what to do.