Author Topic: KAYBO T3 TODAY  (Read 25209 times)

Kaybo

Re: KAYBO T3 TODAY
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2008, 03:48:12 pm »
I posted that I was off to the hospital this morning but i guess i didn't hit post!  I am in the hospital now  -- updates on blog

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

LADavid

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2008, 04:40:46 pm »
Kay
I just read your Blog.  I am so sorry to hear what's going on.  There was so much there that I had a hard time understanding what was at the bottom of all this and what the next steps and long term is (I can be very dense).  I am concerned about you and you have my prayers for you and your family.  I know it's hard to be positive, but do your best.  And I know this is easy to say, but please don't second-guess yourself.  The Lord works miracles and you know it.  Also, I didn't understand the part where you said the doctor needs to cover his butt -- I know it's not in your nature, but if you feel anything in wrong, please speak up.  I wish you the best.

God bless you and your family.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2008, 05:39:44 pm »
Kay,

You KNOW I'm sending hugglezzzzzz.... hang in there hun... IV antibiotics may just do the trick!  Good vibes... good vibes......

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2008, 05:43:03 pm »
Kay:  I'm so sorry this is happening to you.....   putting out positive thoughts & prayers that these post-op complications will be treated quickly.

Continued healing,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2008, 05:46:38 pm »
Hi Kay,

Just read your blog. My heart is with you. I am so sorry you have had this complication, but I am glad you are getting hospital care.

Your worries about your girls really touched my heart. First it is VERY obvious your girls have a GREAT mom!!! That kind of love kids feel and know whether a Mom is sick or well. They know your spirit, too. I am sure with your personality they do not see you as a sick mom, but as a role model for them. I am friends with both of my kids now that we are all adults (they are 30 & 37). As kids, they knew we loved them in spite of different unexpected things going wrong. What parent has everything go correctly when raising children? If they say they did all correctly, that in itself makes me know they probably were not the best of parents. We want to protect our kids from hurt, we cannot help that, but in the long run, we can't protect them from having some and it prepares them for the future with the gift of the parent's love as fuel to face it. Don't know if I am making ANY sense. Although we haven't met, I can tell from your emails and blog that you are a great mom and your kids know it. You go girl!

My thoughts and prayers are with you,

Mary

Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2008, 06:48:41 pm »
K -

I'm sorry to hear you are in the hospital, but hopefully you won't be there for long.  I'm hoping that our prayers and good thoughts, in addition to the antibiotics, will help you get past this hurdle quickly. 

You are one of the most positive people I know and it makes me sad to see you so frustrated and feeling like you aren't doing what you should be doing as far as your girls are concerned.  From what I know, I can say with confidence that you are a great mom and that you put your family first 99.9% of the time - which is a lot more than other parents do; myself included.  You shouldn't feel guilty for finally doing something for yourself.  And, as David said, please don't second-guess yourself.  You had no way of knowing that you would get an infection; you said yourself that the chances were very small and you had no control over what happened.   

I don't think your girls will look back on their childhood and see this as a negative experience.  On the contrary, I think they will look back at it and remember how courageous you were and see you as the wonderful role-model you are. 

I know you are going through a very tough time, and I wish I knew how to ease your burden.  Please know that we are here for you.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Glenda

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2008, 09:45:44 pm »
Hi K
Just read your blog, sorry, my husband hasn't been doing well and we have been going to the doctor's alot and I had gotten behind on catching up with you.  I did not realize you had been back in the hospital but am so glad you are home now.  I'm soooo sorry you are feeling so bad.  Sometimes we do not know why things happen to us but know that God uses these things to make us stronger.  I know you are such a strong person already!!!  Sweetheart, your girls know what a wonderful mother they have and I know how they must look up to you.  You are in my prayers and I pray you feel better really soon!!!!  Sending healing hugs and many prayers your way!  :-* :-*
Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2008, 12:31:59 am »
K -

I'll echo what everyone else has said.  I'm sorry to hear about the bump in the road, but it's just that...a bump.  You'll get through this and we're all here to help in any way we can.

Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way from Houston.

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Kaybo

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2008, 09:27:49 pm »
Thanks everyone -
I am feeling better -- going a bit stir crazy, but better!  I am home...w/ a PICC line and IV!  Dave is a wonderful nurse -- he will have to go in late the next couple of weeks though so that he can do my IV at 8:00.  That bag takes about an hour & 20 minutes.  I don't do it again until 8:00 PM and also another bag for about 30.  Not too bad except that when they put the line in, they hit a nerve (I won't even go into what that felt like -- I could describe it but my mom would wash my mouth out w/ soap!!) and now it is resting on a nerve so I can't really use my right arm!!  CRAZY...but if it helps me so that they don't have to go back in again!  My face is not near as swollen but the original "hard spot" is still there -- hopefully it will go away soon - I will feel a LOT better when that happens!

Keep praying!   ;D
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2008, 08:03:14 pm »
So, K -

how's it going  ???

I thought I read on your blog the other day that you were returning to the doctor's today.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2008, 09:35:58 pm »
Jan~
Thanks for asking!

Yes, I went back to the doctor this morning.  Dave & I thought we knew what we were going to say/do, but then we found out that the original CT scan showed "normal post operative tissues" instead of a fluid collection -- we were ready to say "drain it or we're out of here!" Since we found that out, it kind of changed things.  It is very frustrating b/c we don't know WHAT to do!!  Even though my face is still "draining" from the incision, I guess I am a little better - a little more energy, etc.  They did say from the beginning that I would be on the IV for at least 2 weeks -- I guess it just takes time.  I'm wondering now if the "hard spot" is just scar tissue and will go down on its own and that the incision got infected & is TOTALLY different...who knows...it could have gotten REALLY badly infected w/o me really knowing since I feel NOTHING on the right side.  Anyway, I go to the hospital tomorrow for them to do another CT scan and the orders say that if there is something there, to go ahead and drain it.  The nurse said that if it was too involved for the radiologist, then they would set me up w/ a plastic surgeon (will they take me??).  We are still doing the IV's...that is all I know right now!!

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

OMG16

« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2008, 09:49:07 pm »
I will pray that first of all you do not need a plastic surgeon.  If you do I will pray that you do not go through the finger pointing game again and as I have.

Let me know if we should celebrate, cry with hugs or come out fighting for someone to take care of you.

Have a good nights sleep and I am sending you very soft forehead kisses so I do not wake you.  :-*  :-*  :-*

PS I just sent you an email and I think I will go with that plan.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2008, 08:42:18 am »
K, you know I'm there with you..... (and with 16 as well!  :-* )

Will look for the updates... got the prayers going..... and a few hugglezzzz thrown in for good measure.

Hang in there hun...... hang tough.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2008, 10:48:16 am »
Hi Kay,

I have been thinking about you so much and am hoping your ordeal subsides really soon and then the smooth sailing from then on. You are over due good news. Hearts and hugs to you and your family.

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2008, 11:30:57 am »
K -

thanks for the update.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with this frustrating situation, but I'm hopeful that in the end everything will work out fine.

Like you say, and it's one of the old AN mottos, things take time.  Try to be patient - I know it's hard.

Good luck with the scan tomorrow.  Let us know how it turns out.

Jan