Author Topic: old  (Read 28936 times)

TaylorsMom

Re: old
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2006, 10:08:22 pm »
 Ã‚    I think Taylor's first real concert was when she was 10 and we took her and her brother to see the B-52's and the Pretenders.  She was 12 when we saw Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young in 2000.  My first concert was Nov. 19, 1975.  I kind of remember it well.  I dug out our box of ticket stubs.  Her dad was there, too, but we didn't know each other yet. (Had our 25th wedding anniversary in Aug this year)  When we got together, we discovered we had opposite sides of the ticket.  Ted Nugent opened for Aerosmith in Charleston, IL.  Ticket price--$6.00!!!  Taylor thinks that one is awesome.  Those old geezers can rock. LOL

Ã‚   Taylor's dad saw lots of concerts in the 70's including Led Zeppelin in St. Louis.

Ã‚   Capt Deb, we lived in Galveston, TX in the early 80's and saw Jimmy Buffet in Houston twice, I think.  Loved it!!!!

Ã‚   Rock on, ANers, rock on!!

Ã‚   Kathy

Ã‚     

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2006, 10:28:25 pm »
Kathy,

Looks like Taylor doesn't need educating in the finer artists of our time. She should be well versed in them

Interesting thread.

Hey Cheryl,

you'll have to get the "koetsu Tiger Eye Platinum Gold" cartridge for that turntable (only about $15k. Or you could start at the bottom of the range with the Koetsu balck at a meagre $1500. maybe ya take what the turntable gives ya! When converting vinyl to CD becomes a little easier, I will invest in a decent turntable and convert mine as well.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2006, 10:05:25 am »
Don't FORGET about the rolling stones with zz top in galveston MOM. We also went to go see George thorogood and the destroyers for free in STL about 2 years ago. Ba-ba-ba-baad!
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2006, 10:49:04 am »
Taylor--your MOM took you to see the Rolling Stones???? Geez how times have changed.  When the Stones came to Cleveland I wanted to go sooo bad, but my Mom wouldn't let me-- because of that song "Let's spend the night together." I guess she didn't want me getting any bad ideas.
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

TaylorsMom

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2006, 11:07:57 am »
     No Capt, we saw the Stones with ZZ Top and the Fabulous Thunderbirds at the Astrodome in Houston in 1981,  before she was born. We paid what we thought was an outrageous price at the time for general admission tickets, $20.00!!!  We thought we had to go because they were so "old" at the time, we thought it might be the last tour for them.  Oh, how perspective changes as you get older, he was only 38 at the time.  So funny!!!!

Kathy

TaylorsMom

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2006, 11:09:20 am »
Mick, that is.

matti

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2006, 11:55:01 am »
I keep going to the Stones concerts every year because I think it may be their last. Makes me sick to think of what we paid for concert tickets back in the 70's. Used to go the "Day on the Green" and see 3-4 top bands and only pay $10 -15.00.

Taylorsmom - Congratulations on 25 years, we just celebrated our 25th in September.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Chris

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2006, 02:59:33 pm »
Now even I haven't heard of some of the bands you mentioned so you must be reeeeeeally old  ;D. Loved ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Fleetwood Mac  but my first concert was.......Bay City Rollers he,he
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Volley

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2006, 05:16:16 pm »
I'm with you Stones fans.  I've also been going to their concerts since the early 80s thinking it will be their last concert.  How wrong was that!  Keith falls on his head and is still going, and how many kids (grandkids?) does Mick have.  Even Charlie survives throat cancer! 

Thanks everyone for giving me a ride down memory lane.  I haven't spun the Ted Nugent album in a while.  Just of late I realize that I better listen to my albums as much as I can while I still have stereo hearing.  I'm a newbie with just a little AN (2.5 mm) for now, but I'm starting to notice a high-pitched tone when it's quiet.  Ironically, it is similar to the ringing you get in your ears after standing next to the two-story speaker at the rock concert.  Remember, having to go to sleep with the radio on just so you drowned out your "concert hearing."  Hmmm???

Obita

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2006, 06:23:07 pm »
We can't forget Rod Stewart.  He sweat on me once when I was in the front row.  Maggie Mae kept me going when I hurt my knee real bad skiing and needed surgery.......waaaaaaay before arthroscopic became the norm.  I was in a toe to crotch cast for two months!!

Oh, and Jerry Jeff Walker.  I still need to see him when he comes to Minnesota.
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2006, 06:40:18 pm »
Obita,

If you're a Rod Stewart fan you should check out my buddy Rick Larrimore's page. He's one of the best Rod Stewart impersonators in the country! In fact, I think he's on tour in Japan right now. Not only does he look and sound like Rod, he's an excellent drummer as well. I was in a band with him for a couple of years. Here's the link to his page:

Paul
         http://www.ricklarrimore.com/
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Obita

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2006, 07:36:20 am »
Thanks Paul.  I shall watch for him!!  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2006, 08:56:56 am »
Volley, I remember that well, the sound of buzzing after spending a couple hours next to a Marshall...my first concert was Judas Priest, but I saw Ozzy 3 times back in the day.  He was much more lucid then, and put on the best show....he was the best at getting the crowd revved up.  Went to Scorpions, Van Halen, Journey, Iron Maiden, Kiss, etc. back then....you're right...a great trip down memory lane....and I still have vinyl and a turntable.  Woo hoo!!!  This is why I didn't get diagnosed sooner, mom TOLD me I was going to lose my hearing because of concerts!  Made sense to me.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2006, 09:01:27 am »
Sounds like my kind of music!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2006, 10:59:43 am »
Ya know, music has always been my escape...I don't play anything, but I sure do enjoy it.  I know what to play if I need a good cry for various reasons, I know what to play to cheer me up, or when I'm angry.  I remember when mom would yell at me when I was a kid, I'd lock myself in my room and play Elton John's version of Lucy in the sky with diamonds (On a 45!  ;))....If my life were a movie, I've already got the soundtrack.  The song I listened to after my diagnosis was Natasha Bedingford's "Unwritten".  Far from my Ozzy days, but it fit for the time. 

Sorry Taylor, way off track, but a good conversation!  Joe, we'll have to get together and rock out at the convention!!!  I have some Ozzy, Priest, obscure AC/DC, etc. on my ipod!!!!  No Maiden or Scorpions yet........
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar