Author Topic: 6 yrs post Translab and now this  (Read 2408 times)

dpetty

6 yrs post Translab and now this
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:03:47 pm »
Hi all,

Well I am 6 yrs post op, my AN was large and agressive in nature but the Good Lord was not done with me and I managed to come thru with only losing total hearing in my left side. I went last week for my yearly MRI at UAMS in LittleRock,Ar and it ran a tad longer than normal but really didn't think much about it till I got a letter from the doctor reschuleding my appointment by including a visist to a Audiologist which shocked me, I've had no problems, lead a very active live, working full time, riding my horses,etc, now i am totally freaked....going to try and call them to find out why but it is difficult to reach, not sure I can stand a month of not knowing.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: 6 yrs post Translab and now this
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 06:33:33 am »

The letter did not say there was a problem right? ...  I would still call the office and rip them a new one for not explaining more  ... I have to assume if there was a problem they would of called ..  >:(
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

dpetty

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:34:11 am »
Well not sure they would tell me till the appointment or not but i am not sitting on pins and needles till March to find out, calling today to get an answer.

David

dpetty

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:48:45 am »
Well that was a load off my shoulders, the hearing test on my good ear is a standard procedure he now does, I do think since the surgery I have lost some hearing as I have read that sometimes the hearing in your good ear begins to decrease over time.

Boppie

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 10:45:12 am »
dpetty,

I have not so perfect hearing in my good ear but it serves me well enough.  I am told this will continue to decline more over time as I age.  This type of loss is normal for aging.   

lori67

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 04:22:48 pm »
Dpetty - Phew!!  I can't imagine having to wait until March to find out what is going on!!

Glad that mystery was solved and hopefully everything will come back just fine!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

dpetty

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 04:27:32 pm »
Yes it was a relief, I have never felt more alive think I am good to go now!!!