Author Topic: Hey BRUCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3524 times)

pattibobatti

Hey BRUCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 05, 2007, 11:57:22 am »
I see that you have left the forum..... I am very sad, but I hope you enjoy going back to school!
You have been such a great person to get to know here and gave so much of your time helping others!!!!  Please check in with us  ALOT.

I will miss you.
Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

linnilue

Re: Hey BRUCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 06:55:00 pm »
What do you meana?  Where did Bruce go?
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 06:19:55 am »
Yeah, what do you mean, Bruce has left the forum?  :(

I always enjoy reading his posts.  He's so knowledgeable and always has such comforting advice.

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

kat

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 08:26:28 am »
Hi

Has Bruce really left and if so why  ???  I will really miss him and hope that he will come back soon . 

Regards Kat
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

BeJoi

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 08:50:27 am »
I'm wondering the same thing.  Did Bruce write a note to the forum about his departure?  If so, can someone point us to it?

Will sure miss him...

Beverly

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 11:12:11 am »
Hi all,

In response to all that have inquired here and behind the scenes, I do know that Bruce is now focusing on his PhD studies in Atlanta and trust me... I told him how much he will be missed... just as you all note.  He's done a fabulous job as a moderator... and as a forumite, well.. what can I say?  Highly respected, many times on the money and caring/respectful and fun.  But.... I have a sneaky feeling he may be lurking from time to time between classes/studies...so.... HEY BRUCE!!!!!!! YOU ARE MISSED! :-* xooxxo

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 12:08:57 pm »
Allow me insert my own note of regret that Brucifer has taken a 'leave of absence' from our forums.  I can easily understand why, but he'll certainly be missed.  He's knowledgeable and willing to offer sensible advice when called for.  A good guy whose posts I always enjoyed reading. 

Hurry back, Bruce.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 12:23:29 pm »
Bruce,

Progress is the "happiest" of all stories on this list/forum.  That helped "make my day!"  Education is the "key" to fulgent.

Congratulations,

Palace
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:25:43 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

pattibobatti

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 06:46:21 pm »
Hi  everyone,

I just wanted to say that Bruce has spent sooooo much time helping others on this forum and would like to start a kind of "thanks for everything you have done" post.  The hours and hours that he chose to spend here have helped so many.....

I  appreciate you Bruce.  I think you are such a great person. I am  very happy that I got to know you, maybe better than if we had met face to face, and I am better off from the experience.....

Thanks Bruce and God bless you !!!!!
Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

aardvark

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 07:33:34 pm »
Bruce -

Though I've been a member only a few months, I learned early on to read all your posts.  They were good-natured and informative, and I will miss your insights.

It's easy to see why many of the long-term folks on this forum are feeling bereft about your departure. 

Wishing you well with your doctorate!

aa
1.5cm X 1.0cm Left Side AN  Dx 8/05
CK at Stanford 9/05   Drs. Chang & Gibbs

Battyp

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 09:11:42 pm »
Bruce,
Will miss your wisdom but know how hard it is to keep up with everything while in school. I know I can only pop in on occasion due to school myself. Hey do you know the answer for #12.... please oh please....  ;D