Author Topic: the stupidist thing people said....  (Read 37546 times)

Battyp

Re: the stupidist thing people said....
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2006, 09:50:55 pm »
They didn't severe my vestibular..they sacrificed it...can anyone tell me what the difference is?  Did the perform a ritual over it first?  lol ;D

I was just telling phyl at a meeting with my boss a few weeks ago she was telling how she had gone to the dentist and have a novacaine shot and started crying thinking of what I'm going through (the left side of my face, mouth, throat, tongue is numb) :-\.  The next sentence out of her mouth was...."if you're not back to work at 100% in august we're going to have to let you go".  So much for sympathy eh?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 09:11:45 am by battyprincess »

Karla83401

« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2006, 10:14:42 pm »
Batty,

I am thinking that they most likely perform some sort of secret surgical ritual prior to sacrificing any body part. I think these rituals are directly linked to the cost of each surgery, the better the ritual the higher the price. It seems to me everytime I hear that something has been sacrificed, the bill is higher than if nothing had to be offered to the surgical "gods".

I know that I am just glad that they don't need a virgin anymore to do sacrifies. Maybe if they need unthinking people you could offer your boss as a sacrifice for one of us. lol

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Battyp

« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2006, 10:20:34 pm »
Works for me just would have to sacrifice her before 5 and the pickle juice sets in (her motto it's 5:00 somewhere)  lol

You know for 100K and a sacrifice you'd think they would have invited me to the sacrifical party to enjoy it not sleep through it!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 09:12:35 am by battyprincess »

Karla83401

« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2006, 10:21:57 pm »
it must be one hell of a party for that price and a limited guest list!!

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Battyp

« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2006, 10:25:09 pm »
Yeah and I missed it...Dang!  Wouldn't even know about the "sacrifice" except I got a copy of my surgical report.  It was a very hush hush ya know  lol

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2006, 11:19:11 pm »
I was just telling phyl at a meeting with my boss a few weeks ago she was telling how she had gone to the dentist and have a novacaine shot and started crying thinking of what I'm going through (the left side of my face, mouth, throat, tongue is numb) :-\.  The next sentence out of her mouth was...."if you're not back to work at 100% in august we're going to have to let you go".  So much for sympathy eh?

Your boss needs to be shot! 

Oh, my dr's note showed up today... I was then told by my mgt that it was for "liability" reasons. So, if anything happens to me while at the office, the company insurance won't have to say "did you know about her illness? Did you accommodate her?"  Go figure, eh?
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2006, 12:35:38 am »
I wonder if there's an AN pergatory out there.   Just where do all of our AN's go when they die?  Let me know if you know, because I'll be making sure mine beats feet out of here to wherever it needs to go. 

Oh, Desilu, you have just given me such an evil plan.....

Karla, what a crack up....the travelling tumor.  "It was in my head when I started drinking, then where did it go?"  Should have been there tonight, we could of made it a 5 way with Phyl, I'm sure she could rustle up another cell phone.  We know she has them by the dozens now.

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Kilroy1976

« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2006, 12:53:07 pm »
Aren't bosses great? Mine at least paid lip service to sympathy... "If you need any help with your workload or if there's anything the company can do, we'll work with you." Yeah, apparently "working with me" meant "giving me extra work to do." But the thought was there. ;)
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2006, 08:15:50 pm »

Oh, my dr's note showed up today... I was then told by my mgt that it was for "liability" reasons. So, if anything happens to me while at the office, the company insurance won't have to say "did you know about her illness? Did you accommodate her?"  Go figure, eh?

"Did you know about her illness?  Did you know she was totally nuts?  Did you know she was a chocoholic and likes cheeky blokes? Did you know she thinks her dog is a person? Did you know she does naughty things with her telephones?"
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2006, 02:18:29 am »
The answer to all those questions/statements is YES Capt Deb, we know all about you .. but those telephones - I hope you you are talking about the ring tones and not the vibrator?

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2006, 09:37:00 am »
Nah, Laz, Batty's got that.  Phyl is guilty of the rest.  I, of course, am a complete angel.  Can you see the halo shining?  :o
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2006, 10:19:15 am »
Yeah , Mom its's friggin' blindin' me thru the computer!
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2006, 06:16:41 am »
I am not guilty.... I am an angel... my CB will tell you... :D

Won't you CB?  WON'T YOU????? :D  :-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2006, 10:06:09 am »
I'm a good girl I swear!  I'm a girl and I'm d%^$ good  lol ;D  Can provide references but of course they were all pre surgery  lol

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2006, 02:58:57 pm »
*spits mouthful of diet coke at computer monitor while laughing*

hehehehe!  yeah... right! ;)

I'm a good girl I swear!  I'm a girl and I'm d%^$ good  lol ;D  Can provide references but of course they were all pre surgery  lol